Another gi thread

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Since there are only 4 current threads on gi's it seems we can use another. How about taking a hint from the military and have a black one for night fighting, a green one in case you're attacked in the forest, and a blue one if you're fighting from higher ground so you can blend in with the sky? The white is OK for inside or out in the snow. Maybe gi's should be its own forum so as not to distract from topics in other mainline forums. :rolleyes:

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I apologize for the polyester gi thread. I didn't know it was gonna start all this.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I am out and about, I mostly wear a dobak that has navy blue pants and various colored tops. They look remarkably like jeans and a polo shirt.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear these 😑 My tache is thickening up nicely.🥸
F8C0461B-8F7E-4167-A394-431730FCF791.jpeg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I wear my Lululemon spats and rash guard to Trader Joe’s sometimes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I find them quite comfortable on the plane, too. I figure if women can wear them when they fly, why can't I? Makes getting a seat in the airport easy, too.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granted. I know better than to use absolutes. It was a poor word choice. I should have said "almost nobody wants to wrestle with a crazy naked man".
You’ve added ‘crazy’ to the mix now and, in the U.K. at least, that is a larger subset than the original simple naked and guy. They loves a naked nutter, they does!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’ve added ‘crazy’ to the mix now and, in the U.K. at least, that is a larger subset than the original simple naked and guy. They loves a naked nutter, they does!
Speaking as someone who has been required by my job, more than once, to wrestle naked crazy guys, I will just say I'd prefer not to have to do it again.
But I don't have a problem with what any consenting adults do recreationally.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who has been required by my job, more than once, to wrestle naked crazy guys, I will just say I'd prefer not to have to do it again.
😅😂🤣😂😅😆

One has to be so careful with one’s form of words these days! 😄

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are those the see-through ones? It occurs to me that those might be an effective deterrent. Nobody wants to grapple a naked guy.
Wait, so if someone tries to mug or fight me, and I just start stripping, that'll end the confrontation? How have I never been taught that before??

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, but have you had to wrestle a naked crazy guy who first locked himself in the bathroom and covered his whole body with soap? ...because I have...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, so if someone tries to mug or fight me, and I just start stripping, that'll end the confrontation? How have I never been taught that before??
It's certainly one option...
Okay, but have you had to wrestle a naked crazy guy who first locked himself in the bathroom and covered his whole body with soap? ...because I have...
Soap? You got off easy...

OP
I

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My God! Wish I never started this thread. I'm learning too much about my fellow posters. I need to take a shower now but am scared that naked crazy guy will be in there.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
My gi has store fronts and car grills on it to blend into the urban surroundings.

Latest Discussions