Annoying People is Good?

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
A rehash of the old adage, "You can please some of the people some of the time but, you can't please all of the people all of the time."

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Does this explain why the Republicans on this forum feel the way they do?

<ducks for cover>

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have my doubts that there are any, K-Man. Those that were here have either gone silent on matters of politics or have left the site entirely. The rational and the moderate are not to be heard at present and that bodes ill for any leadership of a country, whatever it's political stripe.

Last edited:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have my doubts that there are any, K-Man. Those that were here have either gone silent on matters of politics or have left the site entirely. The rational and the moderate are not to be heard at present and that bodes ill for any leadership of a country, whatever it's political stripe.
Do you mean to say that those left are all Tea Party? OMG, how could I have got it so wrong? Of course, you're right ... and so are they, extremely so <pun intended>.
:asian:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you mean to say that those left are all Tea Party? OMG, how could I have got it so wrong? Of course, you're right ... and so are they, extremely so <pun intended>.

I think they are camping in the basement...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

:slapfight::eek:verkill:

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not you, K-Man, me; or at least I think so.

Whilst it might seem I have been unkind about the American Right over the past week in particular, it is only because I have witnessed this awful feedback loop building where people I normally consider to have their heads screwed on becoming less deliberate about their politics and more emotional (in the uncontrolled sense of the word). Hopefully it will calm down again because if it doesn't you are heading for news reports like this but about America:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24421069

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Whilst it might seem I have been unkind about the American Right over the past week in particular, it is only because I have witnessed this awful feedback loop building where people I normally consider to have their heads screwed on becoming less deliberate about their politics and more emotional (in the uncontrolled sense of the word). Hopefully it will calm down again because if it doesn't you are heading for news reports like this but about America:

Times change, but the mindset doesn't.

But even as we condemn such violence &#8212; particularly political violence like what has just taken place in Arizona &#8212; with lamentations and scowls, we persist in condoning it. There are two reasons for our toleration of political violence, despite all our sincere words of grief and castigation. For one thing, America has a long history of political violence &#8212; a dark river of brutality, even savagery, that runs through our entire national experience. For another thing, we don&#8217;t like facing up to that fact as a people or as a nation. Americans prefer instead to see each outburst of violence &#8212; whether in physical attacks on political figures or in blasts of gunfire in our schools and shopping malls &#8212; as aberrations, isolated incidents committed by deranged individuals who cause mayhem and slaughter like human whirlwinds. When the wind has subsided, and the casualties have been counted, we proceed as we have done before, dismissing the event as an exception, waiting for the next act of lunacy to occur, at which time we will express our shock and dismay all over again.
http://www.salon.com/2011/01/11/lafantasie_political_violene/
We lost heaps in the GFC now potentially we could lose a lot more because of the brats misbehaving in the Congressional sand pit.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Naa wont get that bad. Most Americans are sheep

Latest Discussions