An interesting phone call today………

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

chufeng

Wow,

RSK...look at this...do you think he really means it?

I would pay to put you up and fly you to florida just to watch Mya Ryu Jitsu kick your *** in a friendly sparring match

Maybe we should insist, since the offer's made, that he do just that...how much would it cost for a round-trip ticket from Japan to florida and one night in a hotel?

I also feel that maybe its time for you to find someone else to f#ck with as most members are getting sick and tired of your sh#t

I'm sure MRJ is proud of you for your mastery of the English language and following the tenets of Splashing Water...

Just in case I forgot to mention you are A IGNORANT DUMB ***

...and you decided this, how???
Because he disagrees with your teacher?
That doesn't make him ignorant, it makes him disagreeable...

I am not at all surprised that after YEARS of TaeKwonDo training, you found someone, who has trained in Japanese, Chinese, or Okinawan arts, who had more to offer...DUH!!!! Read the REAL history of TaeKwonDo...and realize that the majority of dojangs in the US are run by 1 year shodans (who have subsequently tested for higher rank)...

This was a civil discussion right up to your post...
And, RSK's connections in Okinawa may be a burr under your saddle for awhile.............

Just when I thought things were settling down......

:asian:
chufeng

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by DAC..florida
My point exactly how could you judge someone who you have never seen in action, my sensai chooses not to disclose to you because no matter what he says or does you will not believe him YOU ARE IGNORANT and you seem to enjoy attacking other people, in my opinion you are a very insecure person and have to belittle others to make yourself look better. I would pay to put you up and fly you to florida just to watch Mya Ryu Jitsu kick your *** in a friendly sparring match!

The rates for flights from Japan are down from what I understand... Did you have a date in mind? :rolleyes: :D

You do add some valuable info to this site, but you are ignorant and have little respect for things you do not know, sounds to me that you have much envy toward Mya Ryu Jitsu and if you grow up any time soon you may realize he that chooses not to put that info on martial talk because it wouldnt matter what he posted you would find a way to tare his proof apart so why even bother.

Envy? Really? Wow. When you miss, you really miss, don't you?

I also feel that maybe its time for you to find someone else to f#ck with as most members are getting sick and tired of your sh#t

What, you did a poll? Most members, or just you and MRJ?

Just in case I forgot to mention you are A IGNORANT DUMB *** why dont you find somthing better to do with your time.

Are you going out of your way to try and get suspended, or did you just forget the rules here? All that happened was a recurring request for credentials, but you start with the obscenities and name calling... You represent your teacher and style well... :shrug:

Gambarimasu.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disco
Reading Chefung's post that listed the background of MyaRyuJitsu, it stated that it was an off-shoot of Pangracoon or whatever. Looking at his website and from his posts, he states he has ties to Europe and the Middle East and America. My question is: Is it possible that his ranking came from another Organization not from Okinawa? I know there's lots of countries that have there own versions of different styles that "ORIGINATED" from the far east and also have their own ranking authorization. If this is the case, I for one would not have knowledge of any name(s) that would be referenced. The same holds true if the name(s) were from the other side of the world.

Had that been the case, a lot of things could have been cleared up long ago with such information being provided.

Anyway...

I say this to RyuShiKan as an example, and with NO DISRESPECT INTENDED. You state your background and lineage. There is no easy way for me to prove or disprove the validity of your statement.

You could simply call or contact the Ryu Te Karate association HQ, I'm sure... Easy enough, since it is in Kansas City.

Gambarimasu.

OP
C

chufeng

Hey Yiliquan1...stop ganging up on him...

Arnisador...this thread was going away from "bashing" and then someone decided to throw rocks...before cautioning us as a group, maybe you should caution the individual.

chufeng

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
Hey Yiliquan1...stop ganging up on him...

Arnisador...this thread was going away from "bashing" and then someone decided to throw rocks...before cautioning us as a group, maybe you should caution the individual.

chufeng

PM warnings have been sent to several folks in this and other threads. The public 'nudge' was to try to help cool things back down to a productive level, and let everyone know we are here.

OP
D

Disco

He instructs in a dojo in Japan, but the Organization is based in KC. I would have thought it would be the other way around. In either case, it was just being used as an example. Even if I called, I'm taking the word of someone I don't know. Where still basically back to square one. I either accept or reject. If I should choose to reject, then the prudent thing for me to do is just forget about, distance myself from, pay no further attention to the party in question. Anyway, thanks for the info. I was just trying to look for an alternative course of action for all involved.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He instructs in a dojo in Japan, but the Organization is based in KC. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

An incorrect, but understandable, assumption on your part. Taika Oyata was born and raised in Okinawa, but eventually moved to the US. It was there that RSK trained under Taika. RSK eventually moved to Taiwan and later to Japan, where he currently resides and trains (and where I met and trained with him)...

In either case, it was just being used as an example. Even if I called, I'm taking the word of someone I don't know. Where still basically back to square one. I either accept or reject. If I should choose to reject, then the prudent thing for me to do is just forget about, distance myself from, pay no further attention to the party in question. Anyway, thanks for the info. I was just trying to look for an alternative course of action for all involved.

I understand what you are saying, but at some point in the research of someone's claims to rank, you have to trust that the source you are contacting is telling you the truth. Or not. But only the former will allow you to come to a resolution on the issue. The latter will only fuel the fire.

Gambarimasu.

OP
D

Disco

Appriciate all your input. RSK is a very fortunate person, being able to train as he is/has. Having access to Okinawan teachings is a rare commodity. Anyway, mabey some day we just all my have the good fortune to run into each other at a seminar or the like. Good Health and Prosperity to all of my fellow Martial Artists here on MT.

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
by Arnisador

This board is for the friendly discussion of the martial arts. While one is welcome to question a member's background, and to point out that this background may be suspect if that is what one believes, refusing to allow someone to behave in a certain way on our board is not acceptable. In this case we have repeatedly indicated that, because of the obvious stalemate, this matter should be taken to e-mail. If a resolution is achieved there, it would be quite reasonable to post about it. Otherwise, it would be friendly to agree to disagree.

There are other boards that are appropriate for an argument like this. But on MartialTalk, this type of repeated call for credentials is unwelcome. Perhaps E-Budo would be a more appropriate place as this involves a claim about an Okinawan art; I don't know if they would want it there or not.

We realize that the intention here is to prevent others from studying with what some feel is, potentially, a fraudulent instructor, and to maintain the value of legitimately granted rank. Those are worthwhile causes. But we are all called to different ministries, as they say, and this one is not MartialTalk's. We want friendly discussion of the martial arts--not repeated bickering over who studied with whom and whether their rank is legitimate or not.

quote: It's a put up or shut up kind of thing, really.

No. It's a "Our dojo, our rules" kind of thing.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

None of my business, but this really sends the message that you are inviting all the cons and "fakers" to come to Martial Talk, where they are welcomed to lie and be protected by the mods. You are basically telling people that if they are interested in legitimacy and honesty then they should not come to Martial Talk, but to go to other forums.

It does give the appearance that you are willing to cater to liars and to protect them from the honest decent folks who would not put up with lie.

This may not be what you have in mind. But that is the message you are presenting, unfortunately.

Respectfully

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wow,

RSK...look at this...do you think he really means it?

Maybe we should insist, since the offer's made, that he do just that...how much would it cost for a round-trip ticket from Japan to florida and one night in a hotel?

I'm sure MRJ is proud of you for your mastery of the English language and following the tenets of Splashing Water...

...and you decided this, how???
Because he disagrees with your teacher?
That doesn't make him ignorant, it makes him disagreeable...

I am not at all surprised that after YEARS of TaeKwonDo training, you found someone, who has trained in Japanese, Chinese, or Okinawan arts, who had more to offer...DUH!!!! Read the REAL history of TaeKwonDo...and realize that the majority of dojangs in the US are run by 1 year shodans (who have subsequently tested for higher rank)...

This was a civil discussion right up to your post...
And, RSK's connections in Okinawa may be a burr under your saddle for awhile.............

Just when I thought things were settling down......

chufeng

Yeh! OK maybe I did forget he's in japan!

Where in the heck did you get splashing water from?
You guys are really good at twisting peoples words to fit your needs.

I decided that because I have watched him bash to many people with no evidence to back it up!

A burr in my saddle? How do we know he even has connections I would like some proof of that and while he's at it he could also proove to me his rank!

Just because someone reads books and spends to much time on the internet does not make them the authority over all, eveyone seems to think he's the man and that he knows everyone and has all of these connections, I want proof!!!

RSK now its time for you to be on the recieving end you can either send me a PM or E-MAIL, even better yet why dont you prove it right here on this site! :asian:

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeh! OK maybe I did forget he's in japan!

Always remember to think before you speak/write/post. It bites you in the butt every time when you don't...

Where in the heck did you get splashing water from?

I seem to remember it being used in conjunction with either ZDW or MRJ, but have trouble finding where...

You guys are really good at twisting peoples words to fit your needs.

Not at all... Just as in MA when you use your opponent's attack against him, in a battle of words, words are used against those issuing them. No twisting required at all... That's why I always quote the entire post I am rebutting, inserting my comments where appropriate, so no portion of the other person's comments can be considered to have been deleted.

I decided that because I have watched him bash to many people with no evidence to back it up!

RSK has bashed "too many people?" How many is too many? I have seen him go toe to toe with several, but by no means has it been "many."

A burr in my saddle? How do we know he even has connections I would like some proof of that and while he's at it he could also proove to me his rank!

Here you go... Try contacting these folks: RyuShu.com

RyuShiKan's dojo is listed under International listings...

Just because someone reads books and spends to much time on the internet does not make them the authority over all, eveyone seems to think he's the man and that he knows everyone and has all of these connections, I want proof!!!

And just because others don't read books and do research doesn't mean the arts they follow aren't suspect...

RSK now its time for you to be on the recieving end you can either send me a PM or E-MAIL, even better yet why dont you prove it right here on this site! :asian:

I'm looking forward to RyuShiKan's response when he sees how this thread has expanded while he's been away...

Gambarimasu.

OP
C

chufeng

DAC,

Mya (according to YOUR teacher is an Arabic word which refers to the quality of water...sometimes flowing, sometimes splashing, sometimes coming in as a torrent...his words, not mine)

Mya Ryu Jitsu = (arabic)Some quality of water/(japanese)established school/(japanese)art...How come you don't know that if you are a student of that system?

How is that twisting anything?

I've met Mr. Oyata, twice, he is one of the very few real Masters left on the planet...Mr. Rousselot is one of Oyata Sensei's senior students...that is very easy to establish...and RSK is not ashamed to post any number of ways to verify it...unlike someone else.

I appreciate you coming to the defense of your teacher...I already acknowledged that he probably is a skilled fighter...that is NOT what this debate is about...and quite frankly I'm tired of it...

Good day...

chufeng

OP
R

RyuShiKan

My point exactly how could you judge someone who you have never seen in action,

AND the point I brough it up was never about his skill, BUT about his claims.
You need to learn how to separate the two if you want to comment furhter.

my sensai chooses not to disclose to you because no matter what he says or does you will not believe him YOU ARE IGNORANT and you seem to enjoy attacking other people, in my opinion you are a very insecure person and have to belittle others to make yourself look better.

I think the word you are looking for is SENSEI not sensai.
When you get a degree in Psychology and have done an internship then you can psycho analyze me.

I would pay to put you up and fly you to florida just to watch Mya Ryu Jitsu kick your *** in a friendly sparring match!

YAWN….an internet challenge whatever shall I do….I seem to recall your teacher making some sort of “hypothetical” challenge at one time as well.

You do add some valuable info to this site, but you are ignorant and have little respect for things you do not know, sounds to me that you have much envy toward Mya Ryu Jitsu and if you grow up any time soon you may realize he that chooses not to put that info on martial talk because it wouldnt matter what he posted you would find a way to tare his proof apart so why even bother.
I also feel that maybe its time for you to find someone else to f#ck with as most members are getting sick and tired of your sh#t.
Just in case I forgot to mention you are A IGNORANT DUMB *** why dont you find somthing better to do with your time.

That remark showed a lot of maturity.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

You state your background and lineage. There is no easy way for me to prove or disprove the validity of your statement. I either accept or reject at face value, until something would trigger me to think otherwise. The one thing that I have learned about the Martial Arts in General, is that there is way too much dissension. Kenpo people can attest to that. I can understand the position that RyuShiKan has taken, but if what I stated above should be correct (ranking), would that in anyway change anyone's opinion or position?

Actually there is an easy way to verify my rank and so on.

You can actually inquire at our Honbu.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
before cautioning us as a group, maybe you should caution the individual.

Please bear in mind that this may have happened. We don't publicize such warnings, as a rule.

Typically we try an in-thread warning first and escalate to PMed warnings if needed. In-thread warnings should not be taken personally. If it doesn't apply to you, please ignore it!

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
R

RyuShiKan

He instructs in a dojo in Japan, but the Organization is based in KC. I would have thought it would be the other way around. In either case, it was just being used as an example. Even if I called, I'm taking the word of someone I don't know. Where still basically back to square one. I either accept or reject. If I should choose to reject, then the prudent thing for me to do is just forget about, distance myself from, pay no further attention to the party in question. Anyway, thanks for the info. I was just trying to look for an alternative course of action for all involved.

My teacher is from Okinawa and moved to the US in 1977 and relocated the HQ there.

Actually I had dropped the whole issue until MRJ brought the whole Pangainoon thing back up in the now closed thread.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Uhhhh I forgot…….. what rank have I claimed?

Yes I read, and have Internet access and also train almost everyday.
Do you have better connections than me? If so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.