Americans are NOT stupid!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Darn it! Will I never come up with anything trully original that I can call my own :lol:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
However, about the video. Depending on context there were a couple of questions that could go many ways. Although, it is sad to see folks so ignorant about the world around them. I believe it is rampant in America. I have thought so for quite some time.

It is as if the American public is asleep. But I would lay wagers that those same Americans on that video could tell you who won the last 5 super bowls and they could identify three major brands of beer by taste alone. :D

Truly sad.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]fJuNgBkloFE[/yt]

The scary thing, these people can vote :eek:

Anyone can take a sample of anyone from anywhere and get people who are not familiar with life or what is going on in the world.

The Grand Bahamian Island is 5 miles north to south and 70 miles east to west. I was there years ago and went to Pelican Point on the east of the island. (* Note: Do not go there. They have three legged dogs with fresh wounds and a sign on athe tin shack that says Fresh meat stew. There are drug dealers and others who would hurt ot rob you. I was lost and decided to enjoy the area no matter what. *) I came back to the south east side where the port and civilization is. One of the locals asked where I went and I told him Pelican Point. He replied, "Where is that" (* Note teh size of the island from above. *)

Also as to editing, here is an example that makes for good press, it may or may nto have been used here.

Ask question A: i.e. Who is in the Axiz of Evil

Skip scenes to new people do not show new question as it is edited out:
Question B (* edited Out *): Where is Salt Lake City?

Answer to B is Utah. But it looks like it was given to A.

Now with all this said, there are lots of ignorant and stupid people in this country. It could be true.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kempoka! You can't just go dropping words like that into a public fora ... children may be reading ROFL.

Now I'm using my home connection rather than works, I can watch the video links ... I have to admit that I got a third of the way in and had to stop because I was embarassed for the people being put on the spot. The clincher was the lass who was not sure if America had been in the Vietnam war or not :eek:.

I know this is the Comedy Cafe and we shouldn't get too serious but ...

I can only hope that it's a set-up, a deliberately edited farse or only those with a shoe size greater than their IQ were chosen.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
OI GOVERNMENT!! SHUT THE GATES WERE OVERCROWDED!!!

Of course, thats why we Scots built Hadrians Wall - to keep you English out.:rofl:

Woops, here goes the 5th World War!!!
icon7.gif

Very best wishes

Actaully East Winds, the ROMANS built Hadrians wall as a military excercise to kep them fit, the Scots didn't build it at. I think you need a visit to the Hadrians wall centre at Carlisle :p

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just had a mental image of Steel Tiger watching the world news on TV, seeing an announcment that the US is going to invade Korea, and then hearing US war planes flying overhead.:lol:

And here I was sitting comfortably at home thinking we were part of the Coalition of the Willing when our government had secretly changed our name and moved us to the Axis of Evil. Damn! I wish I paid more attention to what's going on around me.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actaully East Winds, the ROMANS built Hadrians wall as a military excercise to kep them fit, the Scots didn't build it at. I think you need a visit to the Hadrians wall centre at Carlisle :p

I dunno. Hadrian... fine Scottish name, that. :rofl:

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And here I was sitting comfortably at home thinking we were part of the Coalition of the Willing when our government had secretly changed our name and moved us to the Axis of Evil. Damn! I wish I paid more attention to what's going on around me.

Are we in the Axis of Evil??? are we?? please say yes? It sounds really exciting. Though if we are then it might make that promise to take me to Hell on the back of a Harley a bit pointless ;)

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are we in the Axis of Evil??? are we?? please say yes? It sounds really exciting. Though if we are then it might make that promise to take me to Hell on the back of a Harley a bit pointless ;)

It does sound like we should be wearing strange uniforms and be led by someone named Ming or Fu Manchu doesn't it?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

Hell on a Harley? Sounds more like the Axis of Meat Loaf.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Evil is an opinion, a matter of perspective. :D Kind of like something being COOL!
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions