Amazing...

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:soapbox:

Another worth while thread closed. how about instead of closing the thread that clearly sparked interest and conversation, suspend the culprit (troll) and let the thread continue since it appear worth while.

same book, same story

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
which one got shut down? I mean this place is a playground or so it seems. I have been a member forever and the TKD forum just can't have a good converstation anymore.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Terry, the thread about disabled people being able to make it to dan rank

read it, everyone was gettign along fine, then there were two snide comments by the same two people that are rapidly getting known for it.

And shock!!! I wasnt one of them.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score

read it, everyone was gettign along fine, then there were two snide comments by the same two people that are rapidly getting known for it.

It is a real shame, the same two people wreck another thread. Its not fair to everyone else here that two people continue to spoil it for everyone else. I dont even bother starting threads anymore because as soon as "the usual two" jump on it just veers from topic and becomes a vehicle for them to push their agenda. Such a shame, until they arrived it was quite a peaceful place to hang out.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is a real shame, the same two people wreck another thread. Its not fair to everyone else here that two people continue to spoil it for everyone else. I dont even bother starting threads anymore because as soon as "the usual two" jump on it just veers from topic and becomes a vehicle for them to push their agenda. Such a shame, until they arrived it was quite a peaceful place to hang out.

But you know, in this case I didnt see that. With 1 exception, I thought it was a very good conversation. I thought everyone had valid points.

I dont see why it was closed.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
But you know, in this case I didnt see that. With 1 exception, I thought it was a very good conversation. I thought everyone had valid points.

I dont see why it was closed.
I agree. I was pretty surprised, but it seemed like something snarky was said.

That being said, this entire thread skirts pretty close to being against the rules. If you guys think that the thread was unjustly closed, check out section 4.6 of the ToS. If you have complaints about other members of the board, there are channels to follow there, too. Just seems like this is skating pretty close to publicly complaining about fellow forum members.

I've been frustrated with other members in the past as well, but taking some time and remembering that this is supposed to be fun helped me regain some perspective. :)

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Twin Fist said:

I've been noticing this M.O. from them for quite a long while now. Either the topic is deliberately taken off course or they do a 'drive-by' with a snide remark. Some of this has been directed towards me in various threads so I began working directly with an Administrator to monitor the situation. So they are aware of the situation and actively monitoring it. And I appreciate it.

I've been tackling this from the perspective of simply being nice and if something is posted, such as a disrespectful comment or drive-by, to simply call it out. Bring light to the issue and question the motivation behind it. And do it is a respectful manner. The only problem I see is that 'the two' don't answer up when tasked. Even if an Administrator questions them (this was done recently), they don't respond. But this in itself is establishing a pattern. Everyone knows who 'the two' are and the M.O. that has developed. So my suggestion is simply to be respectful to them, call them out for 'jab' posts and drive-bys and then let the Administrators and Moderators handle the situation.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been noticing this M.O. from them for quite a long while now. Either the topic is deliberately taken off course or they do a 'drive-by' with a snide remark. Some of this has been directed towards me in various threads so I began working directly with an Administrator to monitor the situation. So they are aware of the situation and actively monitoring it. And I appreciate it.

I've been tackling this from the perspective of simply being nice and if something is posted, such as a disrespectful comment or drive-by, to simply call it out. Bring light to the issue and question the motivation behind it. And do it is a respectful manner. The only problem I see is that 'the two' don't answer up when tasked. Even if an Administrator questions them (this was done recently), they don't respond. But this in itself is establishing a pattern. Everyone knows who 'the two' are and the M.O. that has developed. So my suggestion is simply to be respectful to them, call them out for 'jab' posts and drive-bys and then let the Administrators and Moderators handle the situation.

I dont think we are speaking of the same people. I wasnt refering to your nemesis. But rather than tip-toe around an elephant in the room that we all "think" it is but are not thinking of the same people, I will drop my rant with this.... We cant let good conversation be ruined. Water off a ducks back.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I dont think we are speaking of the same people. I wasnt refering to your nemesis. But rather than tip-toe around an elephant in the room that we all "think" it is but are not thinking of the same people, I will drop my rant with this.... We cant let good conversation be ruined. Water off a ducks back.
Nemesis? I want a nemesis! You can't be a superhero without having a nemesis! :)

Who wants a piece of me?

Or maybe I have a nemesis, but he (or she) hasn't chosen to be revealed yet. That's dastardly. Exactly the kind of thing an evil nemesis would do.

Jason Striker II

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For a newb like myself, having really neither hide-nor-hair of the ethics and politics of these types of forums, I find this post-analysis discussion important as discreet, indirect warnings.

Thanks.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
he thinks it is me

but it isnt

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nemesis? I want a nemesis! You can't be a superhero without having a nemesis! :)

Who wants a piece of me?

Or maybe I have a nemesis, but he (or she) hasn't chosen to be revealed yet. That's dastardly. Exactly the kind of thing an evil nemesis would do.

Nemesis....wasn't that a Star Trek movie? :)

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
@Steve, here's your nemesis.. .

If you choose to accept him.. . Diemon Dave and his Ninji School:

Beware of his change up from Ninji Chop to Judi Chop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions