Am I too Old to start?

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jason,

I agree with everyone else. You are never too old to start your journey in the martial arts!

I, along with others, have seen students begin in their 40's, 50's and 60's. Though they may be limited in some aspects, the martial arts can benefit everyone of any age!

Again, I welcome you to the Kenpo Community and I hope you enjoy your first week of classes.

Good journey.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Too old to start?? Nope. At 25 you're still a young pup. Even though plenty of MAists got their start in the MAs when they were children or teens, a good number also began their training when they were in their 20s, 30s, or later. I'm one of those persons.

Also, if you're motivated enough, you can continue your training for as long as you want, even into your 50s or more. You may not always be able to keep up with the youngsters, but, at least you'll still be keeping yourself fit. Can't beat that. I'm sure other members of this forum can attest to this.

And, remember, the extra weight will continue to come off if you stick with your training. No, it's never too late to start. I hope to keep training in the MAs well into the future when I'll have grandkids... :asian:

Zujitsuka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No way are you too old.

The legendary Dan Inosanto earned his black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu a few years ago and I know that he is a little older than 25 :)

OP
R

rmcrobertson

I started at 39...I'll be 50 in May, and I make advanced class every week.

OP
K

Kroy

I remember two ladies that train at my studio, they were 62 and 65. I tell you, they had so much fun, both of them made it to purple belt.

Latest Discussions