Alleged Online Predator Accused of Drugging and Raping Women He Met Online

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is why despite all the stories you hear of wonderful couples that have met online, I will never use one of these dating services.....it is too easy to hide your true nature...

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
And this is why despite all the stories you hear of wonderful couples that have met online, I will never use one of these dating services.....it is too easy to hide your true nature...

i can't see how it's riskier than a lot of other methods of meeting a potential mate.

it's just a matter of exercising proper care and caution when you go on the first date. ...

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
i can't see how it's riskier than a lot of other methods of meeting a potential mate.

it's just a matter of exercising proper care and caution when you go on the first date. ...

I think it is riskier because people are more likely to let their guard down on a first date when they feel they really know this person (who they've been talking to online for weeks) than someone you've just met or a blind date or even someone you've seen just casually in the hall at work....

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and the risk to teens is even GREATER!!!!

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it is riskier because people are more likely to let their guard down on a first date when they feel they really know this person (who they've been talking to online for weeks) than someone you've just met or a blind date or even someone you've seen just casually in the hall at work....

you know, i hadn't thought about it quite that way. that's a very good point.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I dunno... I've had dates arranged through several methods - on-line, set-up, people I've met, etc - and had similar successes and problems with all of them. But then, I'm really careful on first dates regardless of how well I think I know the man anyway.

Latest Discussions