All Hail me!

G

GouRonin

I would like to take this moment to announce that I, Lord Gou Ronin, have been nominated to the universal martial arts hall of fame. See below the e-mail I received.

"Dear Nominated Honoree,

Congratulations, you have been nominated to be inducted into "The Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame". The event will be held July 10 - 12, 2003 at the Sheraton North, 15700 J.F.K. Blvd, Houston, Texas, 77032 U.S.A.

The Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame is an organization dedicated to the growth of the martial arts. Nominations are sent out to practicing martial artists all over the world, so that they may be honored and recognized for their outstanding dedication and contribution to the martial arts. All nominees are selected for having demonstrated excellence in their art and their unselfish promotion of the martial arts within their community. Many have done so for years without any recognition or gratuity. It is our purpose is to take the time to honor martial artists just like you, who have enriched the lives of others.

Once your ballot is received and processed, you will be notified notified via e-mail of your confirmation. The notification process will be completed by mid-February.

In addition to the Hall Of Fame awards, the United Martial Arts Association also provides the following events for the entire family:

(snip)

Hall Of Fame induction (Sat. eve.) - This is the highlight of the entire weekend. During a one-hour ceremony the UMAA will present the prestigious awards to the all of the deserving martial artists. This presentation will be followed by the award dinner and your opportunity to meet and network with many high-ranking martial artists from around the world.

To participate in this awesome function, please fill out the below information and will will contact you as soon as possible about your induction status.

http://umahof.cfw2.com/page.asp?content_id=1177"

I'd like to ask you all to form a line over there were you can kiss my toes because I have finally been recognized for my brilliance.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I might step on your toes, I will not kiss them. :shrug: :eek:

OP
G

GouRonin

I can't believe they send out stuff like this.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
I can't believe they send out stuff like this.

You man you are no going to take the award for your resume?

This way you can have another award for the closet :D:rofl:

OP
G

GouRonin

I have better things to do with my time.
:D

OP
R

RCastillo

Canadas favorite son, has made it big!:cool:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the entire admin. team got this spam as well. Luckily, Mozilla's built-in spam filter caught it immediately.

In the words of Groucho Marx:
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Cthulhu

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What your really saying is he's up for the SPAM award, now that makes sense.

Congrats (My mom says I'm cool) Gou.:cool:

OP
D

Disco

Now just how much $$$$$ were you going to have to pay, for this HIGHLY POLYSAPROBIC award?????????:rofl:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by D_Brady
Congrats (My mom says I'm cool) Gou.:cool:

Yeah, she says that. But she has to like me. She's my Mom.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, she says that. But she has to like me. She's my Mom.

I thought she was my Mom and I will not share her :p

OP
J

Jill666

I really think you should respond, to have the privelege of flying your whole family to Taxas, pay for a hotel room, and receive a plaque from this distinguished body.

I mean, they HAVE been in existence since 1997, and they DO have Dan "the Beast" Severn on their board of directors! How can you possibly say no?

OP
A

A.R.K.

I know how you feel partner, I just turned them down as well. All my wall candy is in two boxes in my closet. If I accepted this from them I would have to get another box :D

For those that asked, it's $235 for the banquet, $100 for the seminars and $40 for the year book. Being a poor civil servant...my $ is going elsewhere.

Congradulations but wise decision not to go :cool:

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Yeah... if they ask you for money to GIVE you an award... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGUS.

Congrats, though, Gou. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy... or somesuch.

Is it still Chinatown, by the way? Or is that just on the other thread? :p

(Cuz my little red guy's rarin' to go!)
:redeme:

Muwahaaha!

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rich Parsons
I might step on your toes, I will not kiss them. :shrug: :eek:
But This is my positon as well:eek:
:cheers:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

I would like to take this moment to announce that I, Lord Gou Ronin, have been nominated to the universal martial arts hall of fame.

I got one too.

http://extreme.hostserver2003.com/umaa/index.php

Just another Soke:rolleyes: Factory

I also got a mail in offer for a decoder ring in my breakfast cereal this morning…..which I will send in because it is more valuable not to mention useful than a Soke:rolleyes: Factory issued rank.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
Is it still Chinatown, by the way?

Until a certain cheap @ss dictator gets his it's always CHINATOWN!
:redeme:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
I also got a mail in offer for a decoder ring in my breakfast cereal this morning

You can never have too many decoder rings...

Latest Discussions