Aldo and his camp not intimidated by Brown or American Top Team

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-18-2009 03:55 PM:

With all the publicity the famed Brazilian camp American Top Team gets, you'd think that was the only American-based Brazilian team producing good fighters. Jose Aldo Jr. and his trainer Marcelo Mireiro think it's time their camp Nova Uniao gets a little attention. Mireiro points that many of the high level MMA fighters around the world got their initial training with Nova Uniao. That includes B.J. Penn, who got his black belt there. So when Aldo and Mireiro, heard that UFC welterweight contender and American Top Team teammate Thiago Alves was helping Mike Brown get ready for today's WEC main event, they scoffed:

"I don't see the problem about that," said Aldo through Mereiro. "In my camp, I have really good guys. Thiago is a good fighters but I'm not scared of who he trained with or didn't train with. I'm not impressed."

Aldo has a good jiu-jitsu base but he still prefers standing and striking. He's scored five wins in WEC all via strikes. Aldo says that what's the fans like, so that's what he likes.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions