Ah, finally!

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yay! I've finally managed to find a UK supplier of Infinite Insights!

http://www.monabooks.com/karate.htm

They've got volumes 1-5 for 15 quid a piece, say I could afford two, which two would people consider to be the most important? There's no way I can afford to buy them all :(

Not at the moment anyway.

Ian.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK ignore that, I've worked a load of overtime so that can pay for them, I ordered the set :)

Ian.

P

pineapple head

Ian , in 7 minutes you worked loads of overtime ...will you get me a job where you work please...:)
Are the books worth the money?

Gary.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
The books are definately worth the money. Evry student shoul dhave a copy and every instructor should have three. One for himself to work with and mark in, one for his school library and one for his own personal book shelf. Note(himself can also beherself, no discrimination intended.)

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The II Vols 1 - 5 are great, even if you aren't in Kenpo. Will give you some really great ways of thinking about Self Defense.

Some people, whose name I won't mention Dennis Conatser :lol:,
Can quote page and paragraph, etc. My point being that if it is that important to someone of that status... The set is probably a good thing to have.

You will see some of the Kenpo Seniors in there too... Kind of an education in "Where are they now"! :lol:

Dan

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Excellent, sounds like I haven't wasted my money then!

Worked out at £75 for the set, I guess that's about $120. Unfortunately not living in America, land of the plentiful and cheap, that's about as low as it's getting!

I hope they don't take too long to deliver, I want to get stuck in now!

Ian.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by pineapple head

Ian , in 7 minutes you worked loads of overtime ...will you get me a job where you work please...:)

Gary.

Yes they are. It took me forever to finally get around and buy my own copies of them. I was always mooching someone else's copies.

:asian:

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by pineapple head

Gary.

Trust me , you don't want to work where I work! It's a youth library and it's full of screaming, misbehaving kids who refuse to respect my authority!

One of the ladies I work with is off sick though so I've crammed in a load of overtime these last two weeks, since I'm off for Summer, so I'll use the money from that.

I thought I'd follow up rather than have people argue about the best two books for the next 3 days!

Ian.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber

I thought I'd follow up rather than have people argue about the best two books for the next 3 days!

Ian.

Kenpoists argue?:confused:

What ever gave you that idea?:shrug:

:rofl: :D :rofl:

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

and it always helps to have people available to ask questions when you run inot something you don't quite understand!

Yes, I imagine I'm going to have quite a few! There'll be a lot of stuff in there I've never ever encountered before, should be interesting to break new ground.

They should be here inside a couple of weeks anyway, he's sending them in 2 lots because they were out of vols 2 and 3,

Ian.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber

Yay! I've finally managed to find a UK supplier of Infinite Insights!

Ian.

Ian,

If you had asked me, I could have given you that information.
I've been using Mona Books for years.

They're not the only supplier in the UK, but at least you've got them now.

I know you'll find them useful.

Les

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les

Ian,

If you had asked me, I could have given you that information.
I've been using Mona Books for years.

They're not the only supplier in the UK, but at least you've got them now.

I know you'll find them useful.

Les

Sorry Les, I didn't think, I went to look at Amazon and it said they were out of print, so I didn't think anyone would have them unless they were copies people had left over from ages ago, which they would no doubt want to hang on to.

Anyways, it's sorted now :)

Ian.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Posted by satans.barber
Yes, I imagine I'm going to have quite a few questions!
There'll be a lot of stuff in there I've never ever encountered before, should be interesting to break new ground.

It should NOT really be new ground! This Series is Ed Parker's life work. The techniques and forms, principles and information has been in use for the past 20 + years. So there is not a whole lot new in there, but much laid out and explained to some degree.

OP
satans.barber

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

It should NOT really be new ground! This Series is Ed Parker's life work. The techniques and forms, principles and information has been in use for the past 20 + years. So there is not a whole lot new in there, but much laid out and explained to some degree.

We've been though this... :)

Ian.

S

Scott Bonner

The II books are truly excellent, but boy could they use an editor!

:)

Latest Discussions