Aggressive Twins

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
kenposikh said:
:) my thoughts exactly, he says he's coming you see him coming why wait for him to get there kick the fool and have a cup of tea while he recovers or not as the case may be :)
You're a bit cheeky this morning mate. However, you are quite correct old man.

kenposikh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Less of the old please Sir, I'm not into the old years (40) until three weeks time. :asian:

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
bujuts said:
A figure of speech to some degree. The knife is the leading missle on the F22 that is the body. The knife is what does the cutting, but the mass (the entire body) is what is doing the attacking, just as with the empty hand. All the alignments and principles of power apply in the kenpo knife system as they do in the empty handed system.

Sorry for the wording, but you likely get the gist :)

Cheers,

Steven Brown
UKF

again no mastery really needed to cut or stab some one. can't see the importance of strength/body mass (unless wer're talking about broad sword fighting :) )- not over say, grip and speed. have to believe/agree that when i hold something that my body is aligned differently than when empty handed. as for mastery--execution is always weapon specific- what's right for one bladed weapon isn't necessarily right for another. you don't go to a ghurka to learn how to fence, you don't pick up a khukris and head to the local iaido master.

how does this relate to aggressive twins??? :idunno:

i'll leave that to the rest of you to get back on topic:asian:

bujuts

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
There is no reduction in efficiency what-so-ever. Kenpo Blocks (as I teach them), as well as other actions, recruit structural integrity through body index mechanisms that occur before the final position of the action. Therefore it is structurally sound throughout its movement (not motion).

Perhaps my wording was misleading, my apologies. I was addressing a previous supposition that efficiency is reduced if a slap check is not used, or is not simultaneous with a given action. So, I agree with your statements above.

Doc said:
You are correct, nor does it take skill to cut someone with an edged weapon.

:) Perhaps another thread.

Doc said:
....The mere act of holdng a weapon changes the physics of the body structure significantly and changes basic applications. However with a bladed weapon, the blade itself can minimally compensate offensively for a structural breakdown. But defensively is another story. Ed Parker's AMERICAN KENPO (not kenpo-karate) is an empty handed system. The commercial motion based system can be whatever anyone wants it to be, and usually is.

It would very be interesting to hear elaboration on any one of these statements, but in interest of not opening up some very captivating dialogues that otherwise belong as their own threads, I'll leave them be, and will defer to your group to open up said discussions as you see fit.

Thanks for the replies, good day.

Steven Brown
UKF

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
bujuts said:
Perhaps my wording was misleading, my apologies. I was addressing a previous supposition that efficiency is reduced if a slap check is not used, or is not simultaneous with a given action. So, I agree with your statements above.
I see sir, and for the record a "slap-check" is a part of a larger equation not the answer to a question.

Thank you Mr. Brown

Latest Discussions