Adidas shoes - help needed!

M

m1979

Hi!

I have a chance to buy in Deichmann store shoes made by Adidas, here is a photo:

http://www.deichmann.com/website/im..._1715664_pp.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot see them, they can import them for me. So I would like to know if You have any info about those shoes?
What kind of model is it (tkd-2000?)?
Is it brand-new? Do they have shoe-laces?
What is Your opinion on those shoes?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the picture I'd say they are brand new...?

They are a very light, flexible shoe. Pivot points on the bottom so you don't blow your knees out as easy (which is good)

Laces - sort of. There is a lace at the top, but it doesn't weave down, it just comes out on each side. Mostly it is the leather cover that keeps them on. Getting kicked with laces can hurt, so that is my guess as to why.

As far as TKD style shoes go they are pretty good and will last a good while. Providing of course, you don't wear them outdoors...

A shoe horn might help too... Because of the no laces thing they can be tricky to get on at first :D

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some like that. I know some have a double pivot points, one on the heel and on the ball of the foot too which is good. I like mine but I don't practice generally in them. Usually I just wear them to tournaments. And like Andrew said, don't wear them outdoors.

You can also buy them from Centuryma.com. TW

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have the Adidas 2000 and those aren't them, which is probably good since the heals started peeling off almost immediately. One lace on top covered, so as Andrew said, you don't rake someone while you're kicking them. They're good quality. I had these before the 2000's and they lasted for several years. I personally only wear them for instructing and promotions and such. I don't care for the feel of shoes while working out, but many other people like them.

Latest Discussions