Add some spice

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How does every instructor handle the grind of everyday training where when and how do you change up yourself to go on everyday. Please do not confuse this with what to do in the school for the student this is about the instructors how do you make changes to stay fresh.
Terry

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to "change it up" by integrating different styles of training. How about some leg weights, especially for women working the VM muscle for the knee joint or upper body. How about some stretching using the latex bands or the bungee type resistance cords. I love the bigger bungee cords from Century for strength resistance workout, I really feel the workout but half the class doesn't come back the next session. How about a cardio workout with music once in a while (required) to really make those guys quit smoking to survive! Then they realize it isn't such a wimpy workout once they actually do it. Plyometrics over obstacles are great for those with good knees. We kick balls for flexibility and focus training. Those are either tied onto iron stanchions in the wall or we toss them up and kick them to bounce off the walls. The master and the 3rd dan like to alternate doing spin heels on them as the balls do a bounce, kind of like racquetball with the foot. Somedays we do kids class and do races, jumps, crab, monkeywalk, rolling tumbling etc. Somedays we do speed front kick drills against a timer and compete against each other. But ack, somedays we do thousands of front kicks all hour, not recommended for knees, but is good for perseverance and endurance.

That's what I like about our training, if we change it up frequently it doesn't get boring for anyone, even the instructor who can partake if he/she wants to. TW

Latest Discussions