Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed By Police

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this youtube clip and thought I'd post it for discussion.

[yt]A8r4MK3R4PI[/yt]

Thoughts?

IMHO, I thought the guy was being an *** towards the cop. I think that he could've eliminated a lot of headache, kept his mouth closed, and just complied. I'd be willing to bet that instead of 13min of back and forth BS, this could've been over in a much shorter time, had he just let the cop investigate. If the guy was found to not be doing anything wrong, and apparently from what you can see on the clip, was just hiking with his kid, and was legally ok to have the gun, then I'm sure he'd be on his way.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It all comes down to down to whether he has to comply with the officer because that's what the law where he was states. If he doesn't then the officer should have left well alone if he didn't have any real suspicion that malfeasance was in the offing.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's what the National Review has to say about the same person:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345714/free-cj-grisham

I insist that none of my guns are ‘assault’ anything – is causing people to call and complain about seeing one. And instead of saying, ‘hey there’s nothing to be afraid of,’ they go out and hassle legal gun owners. Law enforcement have a duty to recognize that if someone is lawfully carrying a weapon then you should leave them alone. Who cares what somebody complains about?”

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm just glad we don't have that type of situation here. Allowing people like him to run around with military weapons is a recipe for disaster. :asian:

Latest Discussions