Act of Buddah or Nature?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What‘s so special about this?

This is a picture of a rock formation near a lake in Burma. The photo can only be taken on a specific day once a year when the sun rays touch the rocks at a certain angle.

Tilt your head to the left and then look at it again ….

--------

When I saw "it" I'm not able to look at it the same way as when I first saw the picture... neat effect though.

Attachments

• $burma%20scene%201.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 272

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As a great fan of visual illusions, I have to say that I like that :tup:. Reflections and shadows may be only physics but the way that the mind re-interprets them is ever a source of delight.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There is a face of a guy on mars, is that sign of alien intelligence?

It depends, if he is wearing glasses then I would say he is intelligent, if not I would assume normal mental aptitude. However, if the man on Mars is wearing a monical, then I would suspect that he is an evil genius bent on galactic domination.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Um... take a close look at the trees on the left. That is a painting, not a photo.
Cool painting though.

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What‘s so special about this?

This is a picture of a rock formation near a lake in Burma. The photo can only be taken on a specific day once a year when the sun rays touch the rocks at a certain angle.

Is this a painting of the image on said specific day of the year when the lighting is right? Are there any actual photographs that you know of?

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is this a painting of the image on said specific day of the year when the lighting is right? Are there any actual photographs that you know of?

Ummm. I'm wondering if we did a search about the area of Burma, there would be some mention about it. It could be an actual phenomenon and the artist wanted to capture this in a painting.

Which Burma is this and where is the lake.... curious mind wants to know.

- Ceicei

Skip Cooper

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The only information I have found on the net concerning the above "painting" is the same as above. It seems to be going around alot of the forums with the same question as ours. I like the picture anyway, it is now my wallpaper on my desktop.

However, during my search, I have found many amazing landscape pictures of Burma (Myanmar). I wanted to post them here, but since I am not allowed to post attachments at this time...