a question

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Fu_Bag said:
Teppan,

Those are some unusual questions! I don't think you'd have to be a Ninja to have a home guard dog. Personally, I don't think that a dog would need a tanto to kill a man. Just train it to go for the nuts and the person will wish they were dead! Seriously though, dogs that are trained to use their natural weapons are more than deadly enough if they can get within range and are determined to kill.

While martial arts magazines may have eye-catching articles, they probably aren't offering the same type of Ninjutsu information that you could find online. You may even be able to find articles written in Spanish if you are diligent in your search. I would think that a good place to look for information would be to look up dojo websites that will likely be in Spanish. You should be able to find a dojo directory link in the FAQ on this section of the forum.

Good luck!

Fu Bag :)

Thanks man. Yes magazines i guess are like that. Yes i found this book from hatsumi sensei written in spanish. I guess that am going to need someone very strong to train with my dog(puppy). See! my questions change the moods of many people here. "Expect the unexpected, you never know whats coming next, that is what makes this ninjutsu" -Hatsumi. Thanks again man!

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Teppan,

You're quite welcome for the info.. Glad I could help. Just don't ask me to help you to train your dog to attack a guy's nuts - tanto, or no tanto! All will be well...... As far as changing people's moods goes, yes, I believe you're right about that. :) Your post has me wondering what other surprises you'll be unveiling. No worries though, training is training.... ;)

Take care,

Fu Bag

:D

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There was this nidan from finland that said that even a dog could be a good uke. Would you be my dogs uke? Hahahaha just kiding. No more doggie questions. Then i would have to post in some animal styles kung-fu forum(excuse my lack of knowledge in the animal systems of kung-fu, thanks). Yes training is training. Man i been sweating and training hard. Sad thing is that after i walk all that distance to train my dog just watches me train tie to this pole. He looks in wonder like What are you doing? Feed me! Feed me? Then i thought about splinter training as he watched uruko uzaki. Weird thoughts man. And all i wanted to ask was the difference of the ninjutsu pronunciation. Strange how ideas mix. :uhyeah: Great! Hmmmm let me see what next question i might ask latter on. Thanks man and take care.

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, Hmm Now that i'm talking about animals in training i was doing some research about target hitting. I found some very interesting things out there. Have anyone seen the videos from cold steel? Hmm they were target practicing with swords and knives against the ribcages of dead cows.They were cutting and stabing those. In old japan some samurai swordsmen practice on human corpses(grusome practice).I don't know about other weapon styles out there that did the same. There was this guy in the butchery punching and kicking a dead pig. Have anyone use some dead animal for target practice? And please no sick stories of animal cruelty, please. Extremly curious. Thanks...

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't remember it right now, but back before I misplaced my copy of Nick Evangalistas "Encyclopedia of the Sword", I remember coming across a Japanese word for testing a new sword on a random passing by peasant.

Jeff

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So it's true that samurai swords were tested on the dead? :xtrmshock Those swordsmen must have had some nerves to performe such tests on corpses. Are there other weapons that were used to perform this tests? (other than katanas i mean). :samurai:

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Teppan said:
So it's true that samurai swords were tested on the dead? :xtrmshock Those swordsmen must have had some nerves to performe such tests on corpses. Are there other weapons that were used to perform this tests? (other than katanas i mean). :samurai:
Why would that take nerves? Cutting a living body is much more gross than cutting up a dead body. Cutting up a dead body is just being a butcher.

They also did it on live people.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would think that it might be more taboo for some, than others, to use dead bodies as cutting targets. I would think that the swordsman's religious views and practices would be the determining factor. If they were practicing their butchery against fellow samurai in to-the-death duels, I see no problem with it since the cutting target would be capable of offering an honorable defense. Practicing live sword cutting against people incapable of defending themselves, however, doesn't seem very honorable to me but maybe, back then, they could justify it somehow.

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well it's true that if you have to defend against an attacker and sudenly you cut him (arm or head off) at that moment your insticts for survival cut in(no mind) and you don't realize what you done. But cutting somebody just to test how well the blade will work alive or dead to me it requires a lot of mental strenght. For example in war some capture pricioners were beheaded. Those were prety grusome pictures to me. But in war it is understandable. I guess that in ancient times there most have been some sort of ethycal code or moral code for respecting the person before they would cut him to pieces. I also heard that there was a practice of inspecting the heads that some warriors brought back from the battle field to obtain some reward. Was it that in different periods the practices changed? Or the codes of honor changed?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To me, when someone enters the state of No Mind, this is a pretty good indicator that they believe that their survival is on the line. To be trained to the point to where someone does this as instinctually as they breathe should also allow that person to choose whether or not they should, or shouldn't, cut down a defenseless person. Now, if it were a case where the captured soldier was shamed, and beheading them allowed them to die with honor, that's one thing.

I don't see the ability to kill without feeling as a mental strength. That type of thing can be a result of intensive training of a person to the point to where killing is just something that they do well. I see the testing of blades on defenseless people as more of a desensitization towards killing in the one doing the cutting. To me, it would take a far better trained, and much stronger person, to be able to choose not to kill than to kill without feeling. All that said, however, in war, you do what you have to do because if someone removes your ability to escape with your loved ones, and avoid killing, then they have chosen their fate.

Sucks to be them. :) I'm not sure if a code of honor has changed. What may be different is how desensitized people have become while, at the same time, feeling the need to prove that they can kill, or submit, someone at any time they like. Perhaps it's that people have been re-educated in a way that isn't consistent with the original code.

It's beyond my understanding. Interesting ideas, Teppan.

Respects,

Fu Bag :)

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes, exactly, "Desensitazion". Now it makes more sence to me. By doing something over and over again one loses the shock value, much like learning to drive. Yes, the original codes said that you may only draw your sword if your life was in danger. Now if you draw your sword it most cut somethig or you will dishonor yourself or something like that. To behead a samurai who suffered a great shame in his defeat was actually giving him back his honor. Man those were extremly different times or were they not?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Teppan,

Those are some good points. With regards to this: "Now if you draw your sword it most cut somethig or you will dishonor yourself or something like that. ", I think that there are those who cannot help but to draw their swords and threaten people all the time. There are also those who've decided to "re-write" the code and then there are those who've been re-educated in a way that is inconsistent with the original code.

I think that the only way to give such people back their honor isn't to behead them but, instead, to re-introduce them to the original code in a way that they can relate to. Unfortunately, there are many who see the original codes as being "outdated", "dead", or irrelevant to today's world. I think that Hatsumi-sensei is trying to re-introduce people's hearts to the original codes through Ninpo and Budo.

I wish him luck. :)

Fu Bag

Latest Discussions