A question about classroom space

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My school is in a community center's dance room. Its a beautiful room with mirrors all along the front & side. The back is all glass looking into the neighborhood.

I want to have traditional "Bow to the flags" beginnings & endings in my class. Hanging flags on the mirrors is not an option. I thought of getting a desk set-size flag holder w/ the two National Flags in them. What do you think? What would you do in my shoes?

Thanks.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you could hang them from the cieling tiles they make hooks for them and it is a great way of leaving walls and mirrors alone.
Terry

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could you have the flags mounted on plexiglass and then put on an easel? That way they are portable and no danger to the mirrors or windows.

Miles

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm clear hear. Mirrors on front and both sides or just one? How high up do the mirrors go? If both sides, could you hang them above the mirrors? If there is one solid wall, since I assume you have to share the space, maybe it would be possible to leave small hooks in the wall and just put up the flags while you're in there. Sorry if I'm mistaken and none of these apply.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Not sure if I'm clear heare. Mirrors on front and both sides or just one? How high up do the mirrors go? If both sides, could you hang them above the mirrors? If there is one solid wall, since I assume you have to share the space, maybe it would be possible to leave small hooks in the wall and just put up the flags while you're in there. Sorry if I'm mistaken and none of these apply.

Sorry Gemini, (I wasn't clear) the front & 1 side have mirrors. The back & the other side are windows. There is space for the flags above the front mirrors, but they (the Center) want to keep it as pristene as possible.

Miles idea of the plexiglass & easels might be just ticket. We can bring them in & out of the storage room & not disturb the room permenently. I'll propose that.

Thank you, Gentlemen:asian:

Latest Discussions