A promising new direction

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
"Just to be clear on this they are trying to finalize everything and it will be announce as I understand by e-mail to certain school owners that are there first list and then it will be by invitation only or you need to be recomended to join it is not an open invitation to all but for those that have the same common goals in mind."

OK, I'll be the skeptic/wet blanket pain in the butt. If this organization is by invite only, regardless of how well intentioned some folks may be, this becomes nothing more than a closed shop, so to speak. How could/would anyone offer a recommendation to/for someone, if they never met or observed if infact MA's skills were present? OK, to answer to a degree my own question........The recommeded person must show proof (certificate) of training. All well and good, but are all training certificates, regardless of origin, going to be accepted? I'm sorry, but I always get this uneasy feeling when I hear that something is being fashioned, but it's all hush-hush. My question is why all the cloak and dagger, if it's something that will/could enhance TKD. The key players are already in place, so it's doubtful that somebody from right field could attempt to steal their thunder, in a manner of speaking.

OK, I'm off my :soapbox:.............Bring on the :whip:

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Just to be clear on this they are trying to finalize everything and it will be announce as I understand by e-mail to certain school owners that are there first list and then it will be by invitation only or you need to be recomended to join it is not an open invitation to all but for those that have the same common goals in mind."

OK, I'll be the skeptic/wet blanket pain in the butt. If this organization is by invite only, regardless of how well intentioned some folks may be, this becomes nothing more than a closed shop, so to speak. How could/would anyone offer a recommendation to/for someone, if they never met or observed if infact MA's skills were present? OK, to answer to a degree my own question........The recommeded person must show proof (certificate) of training. All well and good, but are all training certificates, regardless of origin, going to be accepted? I'm sorry, but I always get this uneasy feeling when I hear that something is being fashioned, but it's all hush-hush. My question is why all the cloak and dagger, if it's something that will/could enhance TKD. The key players are already in place, so it's doubtful that somebody from right field could attempt to steal their thunder, in a manner of speaking.

OK, I'm off my :soapbox:.............Bring on the :whip:

Brad they are finalizing there deal, it has not been completed yet. I know someone that knows this and the reason for them picking is because they doe not want certain type of schools withen there Association I.E. Mc Dojo's. I can understand this and can accept it with no face value if it does not come to pass as I hope I can decline the offer. My understanding is you run your school but they want more Sd and traditional way of TKD and not the McDojo's, they are trying to make it more of a Western way with the Korean and Okinawa influence of the older days.

Now with that being said they ask to keep names out of it right now and that maybe because of the way there are seen by other orgs. and do not want to screw things up before they all came to an agreement.

I know Won Chik Park keep his GrandMaster Society a secret until they very last minute, do not know why he just did, along with everybody else on his Board. This maybe just there way of doing things.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My understanding is you run your school but they want more Sd and traditional way of TKD and not the McDojo's, they are trying to make it more of a Western way with the Korean and Okinawa influence of the older days.

I think this is a great thing, a watershed. It's a sign of the times, and of what, with luck, the future holds for North American TKD.

I have a feeling this will not be another 'business as usual' outfit, but, in a sense, will be seen as a call to arms to recreate martial content of TKD in a context where combat usefulness is the main criterion. The British Combat Association has done that on a large scale, cutting across many different MAs, in the UK. Something like this is our own start on the same kind of project, I believe.

Latest Discussions