A new Ron Moore Interview
By ping898 - Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:39:48 GMT
Originally Posted at: Dead Parrot Tavern

====================

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/h...ore_transcript

At least I think it is a new one. Some BSG stuff and some other stuff
here's a few q's
Quote:
Wired: What were your hopes and thoughts for doing the show? Did you execute them?
Moore: Before the miniseries started, when I was really thinking about the project, pitching it &#8212; before I was even writing it &#8212; it was really about capturing a certain mood, a certain vibe for the show, that I didn't think anybody had done. I was really in love with this idea of doing a sort of documentary style, making it much more naturalistic than science fiction is usually presented. And I was looking for something that was neither Star Wars-Star Trek, which I categorized in my head as a sort of the romantic side, or Blade Runner-Matrix, the cyberpunk side. I wanted a third kind of category to put the show in.
I wanted something that would be different. I really wanted it to be grounded, I really wanted it to be political, to sort of comment on society in a much more aggressive way than the work I had been doing on Trek and the other pieces.
And to a large extent, I would say, yeah, we did accomplish that. I feel good about that. I remember when I watched the miniseries for the first time, even when I got the first box of dailies, I was really surprised that it was what I hoped it would be, that we captured that mood. That we plowed this new row, I was really thrilled with that. And then we set about more fully realizing it, broadening it and expanding it, deepening the story, but the minis really got to where I wanted to go.

Read More...

------------------------------------
The Dead Parrot Tavern - The Dead Parrot Tavern is a community forum for the discussion of the golden age of piracy, pirate fests, ren faires, science fiction, fantasy and horror with news, info, calendars of events, message boards, and more! We welcome all to our shores!

Latest Discussions