A Karateka from Finland

Strato

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a 20 yrs old guy and have practised several martial arts. My journey began with Shotokan Karate at the age of 10. When I was 15 I decided to stop due the lack of motivation. Still my interest in martial arts persisted and soon I noticed myself training Aikido. That really wasn't my cup of tea ( I liked more the kicking and punching) so after 6 months I stopped. Couple of years later I got persuaded to try Krav Maga. One of my friends started practising with me and I really loved it. Unfortunately I had to quit after a year, had to concentrate to my matriculation exams. After high school I joined to the military. I finished my service at the end of June and soon moved to a whole new city to start at the University. At the same time I decided to take up some martial art to keep myself in shape. Sadly there are no Krav Maga here so I took up the nest best thing I know: Shotokan. Found a great club and have been training couple of weeks. At first I was a little nervous to do a comeback after 5 years but the teachers and students at my club were very welcoming and I felt like home almost immediately.

Latest Discussions