A few videos from years of training, but light.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I didn't miss it. And I wasn't critiquing your one bag drill. I was going to add "generally speaking."
"Generally speaking" is pretty meaninless. Do you have any opinion on vertical vs horizontal punches?

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes, use both depending on the situation. Boxers do that.

Breaking Ceramics.

I only rotate my punch if I intend on breaking. I once worked as hydrwalic press operator. We pressed large ceramic transducers, that were cylinders 7 inches long and 10 inces wide and a cylinder wall of 1.25 inches...pressed to 190 tons. If they weren't perfect they ended up in a pile to be ground up and reused. I worked there two years and learned to break them. That's the only time I've found I needed to rotate my punch. I punch with my whole fist, but at the very end if I wish to, I rotate my punch to about 55-60 degrees and use my two first knuckles. My first two knuckles are still pronounced...bigger, for that reason, but I've never needed to use that in a street fight. I still do knuckle pushups, regardless.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sometimes I like to manipulate the bag with my shins and knees. Like stepping thru an opponent's legs during other movements. I'd actually like it a bit lower, but that won't work... I need one that's a foot taller, but I'm not buying a second one, so it's going to be a bit low.
You need a nice clearance around a heavy bag.

This is so you can move freely around it and hit it harder. At least a 3-4 foot radius (6-8 foot total diameter) around it, and more if you want to kick it. People hang bags in all sorts of tight spaces, but that's a bad idea and you lose a lot of the bag's value as a training device. The bag should be able to swing away from you at least 70-80 degrees without hitting anything.

I also once had a shelf of stuff too close to my heavy bag. That shelf is gone, because the heavy bag destroyed it. Along with the LEGO sets I had on the shelf.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You need a nice clearance around a heavy bag.

This is so you can move freely around it and hit it harder. At least a 3-4 foot radius (6-8 foot total diameter) around it, and more if you want to kick it. People hang bags in all sorts of tight spaces, but that's a bad idea and you lose a lot of the bag's value as a training device. The bag should be able to swing away from you at least 70-80 degrees without hitting anything.

I also once had a shelf of stuff too close to my heavy bag. That shelf is gone, because the heavy bag destroyed it. Along with the LEGO sets I had on the shelf.
Yeah. Your sure right about that. Haha, I'd have to hang it out in my yard. I had it hung in a building that was built for me when I relocated to West Texas to lead adobe renovations. It was more like a wearhouse/hanger. I didn't take up near as much space as all the tools and supplies. I came home and built my house and haven't decided where to hang my bag.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
*You're
Clear, I don't think it's fighting, or anything useful for fighting. I don't really think tickling someone is a very effective technique.
There's nothing preventing others from posting.
You haven’t been tickled by me. I’m the tickliest tickler of all tickledom, and I have ancient secret tickling techniques that when done right none can defend. I can tickle you 5 times in 1.15 seconds. When folks talk about me around the campfire, they call me…

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mostly it's structural. For me, that makes it easier to hook and grab.

Plus, put your 2 fists in front of you in vertical position and rotate them horizontal. Watch what happens to your elbows.
You are leading with your hand, you are not on your legs, you are not connected or structured, and you are not as fast as you imagine. I cannot see your legs or feet, I guess there is so much wrong with this that we can just start there. Is this critique? Is this criticism? Both I guess. I usually charge money for this, but in your case a little charity is warranted, the holidays are approaching after all.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You are leading with your hand, you are not on your legs, you are not connected or structured, and you are not as fast as you imagine. I cannot see your legs or feet, I guess there is so much wrong with this that we can just start there. Is this critique? Is this criticism? Both I guess. I usually charge money for this, but in your case a little charity is warranted, the holidays are approaching after all.
You don't even comprehend what the purpose of my videos are for.... Im not trying to show anything you can understand...and I've stated it in so many ways its ridiculas. You are so unobservant and don't attempt to read and figure out what I'm conveying...but again it's only one very unserious video and you think that's the basis of all my 50 years of training. Your really very impressed with yourself, but wouldn't survive 3 seconds fighting gang bangers downtown. ... hope the moderators ban me for good. There's just too many people here that run their mouths, with no idea of what I'm doing or why I made that video. At least a smarter guy noticed I had no space where I had that bag hanging. You didn't even notice that...for somebody that thinks they know so much. You've never even asked what the purpose of the video is. You're just a troll.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had intended to start very light weight and get into more advanced, defined structure, eventually to get at videos specifically aimed at showing a coordination between the primary and secondary, and doing both offense and defense concurrently. Leading into a discussion about what the "magnetic mirror" is and how to develop it and train for it. A concept and ability that's way beyond most. There are a few people that know exactly what I'm talking about. I think tho there's so many trolls here, I'm wasting my time... and I know many won't even read this.

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
You don't even comprehend what the purpose of my videos are for.... Im not trying to show anything you can understand...and I've stated it in so many ways its ridiculas. You are so unobservant and don't attempt to read and figure out what I'm conveying...but again it's only one very unserious video and you think that's the basis of all my 50 years of training. Your really very impressed with yourself, but wouldn't survive 3 seconds fighting gang bangers downtown. ... hope the moderators ban me for good. There's just too many people here that run their mouths, with no idea of what I'm doing or why I made that video. At least a smarter guy noticed I had no space where I had that bag hanging. You didn't even notice that...for somebody that thinks they know so much. You've never even asked what the purpose of the video is. You're just a troll.
Well that’s what I get for giving you free advice. Maybe a you need a nap, you sound grumpy.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had intended to start very light weight and get into more advanced, defined structure, eventually to get at videos specifically aimed at showing a coordination between the primary and secondary, and doing both offense and defense concurrently. Leading into a discussion about what the "magnetic mirror" is and how to develop it and train for it. A concept and ability that's way beyond most. There are a few people that know exactly what I'm talking about. I think tho there's so many trolls here, I'm wasting my time... and I know many won't even read this.
Oh I’m reading it. Please enlighten me, I want to be wrong about you, really I do.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well that’s what I get for giving you free advice. Maybe a you need a nap, you sound grumpy.
Please put some more videos up, I love them.

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Please put some more videos up, I love them.
You wanna know where that flurry clip came from? Off a video I did called "old tricks", where I was amusing my self doing a few things I hadn't done in 20 years. Including some flying and spinning kicks that I determined by 1972 had no place in a street fight. "Old tricks" was an amusement, but i liked the slow-mo. I felt is was a reasonable place to start...but I doubt you'll read this

Let me tell you something about taking on gangbangers with weapons downtown. All that technique you rely on, you can can it. The only way you can survive it is with the spontaneity of doing things you've never considered. Those guys are trained and do it all the time. The ones I encountered traveled in packs of three. The third one hung back to sneak up from behind. I was fortunate I'd seen their technique previously. You can't use much of anything you've practiced...or you'll get cut to pieces. You've got to put them down fast (sometimes putting one in the path of the others can help) with a high degree of movement. That's exactly why I learned and mentioned the use offense and defense in one action. I was doing that by 1976, after beginning my training in 1969.

Last edited:

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
@EdwardA:
1) fighting untrained street bangers will not impress us when we are taking about technical skillset. Agressiveness, determination and speed are usually enough to be succesull streetfighter. Been there done that many times.
2) we critize your wrong body mechanics and related to it lack of power
3) post more videos with most advanced stuff, maybe this will change our perception

OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
@EdwardA:
1) fighting untrained street bangers will not impress us when we are taking about technical skillset. Agressiveness, determination and speed are usually enough to be succesull streetfighter. Been there done that many times.
2) we critize your wrong body mechanics and related to it lack of power
3) post more videos with most advanced stuff, maybe this will change our perception
They aren't untrained. They just train very differently than you...and their experience is extensive. They have a big advantage over any single empty hand fighter. The mere fact you think everybody has to suit normal standards is closed minded and naive.

The next video I was going to post was an entry level of coordinating the primary and secondary hand or arm movements into a continuous structure, for extensive bag time. The next was specifically the use of offence and defense in one action. You really think I'm going to post anything more? I'm not wasting much more of my time. There were a couple people that actually tried to engage in objective conversation, but YOU and a couple other ended that. I won't put up with it...any further.

The ONLY reason I reposted the video was to see if there were any objective people on this forum. There are. I got my answer. There are to few.

Last edited:
OP
E

EdwardA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"Don't judge me after single video, but I will not post anyone more".
It is not good attitude if you want to convince somebody you are right.
Why do you think I'm trying to covince anybody I'm right? My attitude is the people that can see anything they can understand, will. The rest only get in the way of that process.

Some people are not capable of the receptivity it takes to move at the same time as an opponent, like a mirror.. What are they going to see? Nothin'. That's ok, everybody has their own process. What works for one person might be foolish for another. In that regard, there is no standard that works for everybody. I've also seen natural fighters that don't use any training standards, they're just naturally good at it.

The whole idea that anybody needs to train one way or the other is nonsensical.

From my little clip, one guy noticed I was using vertical punches (no fist rotation). That's observent. I went further into that topic. I don't think anybody bothered to read that.

Last edited:

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Some people are not capable of the receptivity it takes to move at the same time as an opponent, like a mirror.. What are they going to see? Nothin'. That's ok, everybody has their own process. What works for one person might be foolish for another. In that regard, there is no standard that works for everybody. I've also seen natural fighters that don't use any training standards, they're just naturally good at it.
- So the laws of physics works different for different people...
- Seen many natural fighters. Eventualy all of them lost to trained fighters
From my little clip, one guy noticed I was using vertical punches (no fist rotation). That's observent. I went further into that topic. I don't think anybody bothered to read that.

- Fist is the last, smallest and not very important link in muscular-skeleton chain when punching. Rotating (or not) matters not very much when the rest of the chain is weak (foot, hips and shoulders work).

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The next video I was going to post was an entry level of coordinating the primary and secondary hand or arm movements into a continuous structure, for extensive bag time. The next was specifically the use of offence and defense in one action. You really think I'm going to post anything more? I'm not wasting much more of my time.

The ONLY reason I reposted the video was to see if there were any objective people on this forum. There are. I got my answer. There are to few.
Your logic is a bit flawed. Basically that we shouldn't judge you off a video you acknowledge is not good..but you won't post a video that is good instead. I don't know that anyone directly asked, or that you stated - what was your actual purpose in posting this video? I see you stating it was to see if there were any objective people on this forum, but I don't see how posting a video where you are not serious tells you if people are objective.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You keep saying nobody bothered to read your posts, or that no one will read what you're typing, but people are responding to them. I think people are reading them more than you believe.

Latest Discussions