A few videos from years of training, but light.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So reread these comments from the OP and then ask yourselves why he got the reactions he did.
I believe it has to do with the communication skill.

For example,

A: This is my video to share.
B: Why do you even present such "ridiculous" video?
C: You really think that piece of "garbage" ...

Those term "ridiculous", "garbage" will add negative energy to the online friendly discussion. When you are in good mood, those terms may not bother you. When you are not in good mood, those terms will make you feel that you just have some dog poop in your mouth.

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
it doesn’t matter. If there is a style bashing and fraud busting rule.Then you have to accept what he says on face value.
But when OP asks people what they think of his video, we can respond with critique or criticism of methods used. That isn’t style bashing or fraud busting. You and I have had our differences in the past, but I have respect for your legitimate hard work and knowledge of martial arts in general. If we can’t speak to the quality of what we see when invited, we may as well talk about dogs, chimps, coffee, and traffic.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe it has to do with the communication skill.

For example,

A: This is my video to share.
B: Why do you even present such "ridiculous" video?
C: You really think that piece of "garbage" ...

Those term "ridiculous", "garbage" will give negative energy to the online friendly discussion. When you are in good mood, those terms may not bother you. When you are not in good mood, those terms will make you feel that you just have some dog poop in your mouth.
You are correct, I can be an aggressive, hurtful, bad person. I like to put dog poop in peoples mouths to stem the flow of ******** that comes out. I want to be better, but simply put, I am not. My only true quality is sincerity.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are correct, I can be an aggressive, hurtful, bad person. I like to put dog poop in peoples mouths to stem the flow of ******** that comes out. I want to be better, but simply put, I am not. My only true quality is sincerity.
You are not the B or C in my example. :)

You can't stop people from using unfriendly words. But you also can't stop people from complaining about it.

Why do you even present such ridiculous questions?
Why do you use such unfriendly word in online discussion? I though we want to make the MT to be a friendly environment.

Last edited:

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But when OP asks people what they think of his video, we can respond with critique or criticism of methods used.
Absolutely. I will note that in the case of the current thread, I didn't actually see any spot where the OP asked people for feedback on his video. He apparently posted it thinking that viewers would be impressed with his speed. The fact that he didn't ask for feedback does not preclude anyone from offering criticism, of course. I just don't personally bother with spending the time to provide critique unless someone has indicated that they are desirous of it. Life is too short to waste commenting on everything someone does wrong.
That isn’t style bashing or fraud busting.
Correct. It's criticism or critique of a particular demonstration, not a blanket denunciation of a style or an individual. I do strongly recommend keeping such critique as tactful as possible as otherwise it can lead to flame wars where other site rules get violated.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I didn't actually see any spot where the OP asked people for feedback on his video. He apparently posted it thinking that viewers would be impressed with his speed.
You are absolute right on this. I still remember there was a thread as:

A: This is what I intend to show ...
B: I believe you can ...
A: This is "I lecture, and you listen" thread. Your opinion is not important here.
B: ...

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don’t consider whether anyone finds my opinion of value anymore than I worry whether my jokes are funny. Thank you for the compliment in any case.
This was what you have said.

"You are leading with your hand, you are not on your legs, you are not connected or structured, ..."

Of course, your respond has value for the general readers. IMO, it doesn't matter whether the OP accepts your suggestion or not. You have spoken the truth. The truth is more important than anything else.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Absolutely. I will note that in the case of the current thread, I didn't actually see any spot where the OP asked people for feedback on his video. He apparently posted it thinking that viewers would be impressed with his speed. The fact that he didn't ask for feedback does not preclude anyone from offering criticism, of course. I just don't personally bother with spending the time to provide critique unless someone has indicated that they are desirous of it. Life is too short to waste commenting on everything someone does wrong.

Correct. It's criticism or critique of a particular demonstration, not a blanket denunciation of a style or an individual. I do strongly recommend keeping such critique as tactful as possible as otherwise it can lead to flame wars where other site rules get violated.
See post #15 he says of his video, “if you don’t like it at least say why.”

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

In post #16 @Dirty Dog answers that directly.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

The OP was insulting, and anything but tactful to nearly every response he got. No surprises about how that went for him. It’s an odd thing around here, like a local bar, every now and again some new guy in town wants to come in on a swagger looking for attention.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you use such unfriendly word in online discussion? I though we want to make the MT to be a friendly environment.
I use the word I consider accurate. Your question seems crafted to push a specific point, without consideration of the nuance of reality. And that’s a ridiculous stance to take. You can (and usually do) do better.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main reason we do the notes for the political issues is that if we don't do that quickly, everyone gets into the political talk, and also get very nasty, and then instead of a simple note we end up having to hand out multiple suspensions for nastiness..that's something that got learned from experience.
Are there any posts on this thread that could be deemed ‘nasty’?

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The OP was insulting, and anything but tactful to nearly every response he got. No surprises about how that went for him. It’s an odd thing around here, like a local bar, every now and again some new guy in town wants to come in on a swagger looking for attention.
From what I’ve seen, the OP became very defensive in response to his punches being equated to ‘tickles’ and being generally useless. The OP probably loves his art and believes he has some ability, hence the videos. For all we know his martial art may be his raisin d’être (quite likely I’d suggest) so the comments might as been as hurtful as calling his partner a ‘fat, ugly woman, once popular with sailors at the dockside and thus of ill-repute’ or his children being ‘of questionable parentage’.

If a seemingly arrogant person walks into my local purveyor of alcoholic beverage, it’s not deemed to be a signal for everyone to ‘pile onto him’. Aren’t, after all, martial artists are supposed to be more stoic, measured and tolerant than are the muggles?

Here’s another perspective: if the OP’s videos showed them to be a young, lithe woman in hot pants, would the reactions to them have been more nurturing?

Anyway…’UNWATCH’

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen, the OP became very defensive in response to his punches being equated to ‘tickles’ and being generally useless. The OP probably loves his art and believes he has some ability, hence the videos. For all we know his martial art may be his raisin d’être (quite likely I’d suggest) so the comments might as been as hurtful as calling his partner a ‘fat, ugly woman, once popular with sailors at the dockside and thus of ill-repute’ or his children being ‘of questionable parentage’.

If a seemingly arrogant person walks into my local purveyor of alcoholic beverage, it’s not deemed to be a signal for everyone to ‘pile onto him’. Aren’t, after all, martial artists are supposed to be more stoic, measured and tolerant than are the muggles?

Here’s another perspective: if the OP’s videos showed them to be a young, lithe woman in hot pants, would the reactions to them have been more nurturing?

Anyway…’UNWATCH’
As I noted previously, the OP invited criticism or critique in post #15. You seem to imply that his demographic was a possible influence on the critique. There is no evidence to bolster this. No mention was made of the OP age, gender, locale, race, or socioeconomic status. The critiques and criticisms were based solely on the video and the quality, or lack thereof. To suggest otherwise is to unfairly impugn the character of those who posted critique or criticism. I understand and appreciate your generosity and your empathy for the plight of the OP, but I disagree with your premise that the responses would be different if the OP were simply from a different demographic.

Latest Discussions