A big question

Chris81504

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This my first post. :) . alright, now onto the question. I am very interested in studying muay thai. I already picked out the gym and everything. But what I want to know is that will Muay Thai get me in good physical shape overall? if so, how long is the general results? Or would I have to hit the gym too? Alot of people I know always tell me how skinny I am. i'm 5'10 and 165. And pretty much I just want to become a lean mean fighting machine. (I would like to have the nice bicepes, abs, chest, etc.) :ultracool

xjrrrdx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have noticed myself losing fat. But more so I have noticed myself bodywise getting "solid" meaning I still have a little bit of fat but under that it is very hard and solid and knowing my body can take various attacks.

Reaction score
I have noticed myself losing fat. But more so I have noticed myself bodywise getting "solid" meaning I still have a little bit of fat but under that it is very hard and solid and knowing my body can take various attacks.

yes i agree , once i get past all the flab theres a brock wall hiding in there , as my old physical education techer used to say "averyone has a 6 pack , some people just choose to cover it"

and muay thai is a good workout for your core muscles as it includes a lot of twisting to generate power and combined with running/biking they help eachother out

chris

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. First of all, serious Muay Thai training will not allow you to gain much weight, mainly because of the tremendous amounts of cardio. It will however help you tighten up your body and the conditioning will make your body harder. Don't get to wrapped up in your weight, you are at a good fighting weight for Muay Thai. Many years ago when I was training for fights, I weighed about 210 and I dropped down to 190 to fight because my instructor and I both had trouble finding opponents for me to fight over 200 lbs. Muay Thai training can give you a nice looking stomach too but, as for the rest of your body weight training may be what you need. The fighters in thailand use wights, they tend to stick to lighter weights and higher reps. I hope this helps!!