A big hello from an EPAK girlie-girl!

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

A quick introduction.

I started lessons at an EPAK school here in LA about 4 months ago with my husband. We are both total newbs. We always wanted to take some martial arts classes together. We are doing it as a hobby mostly - something fun to do together, for self defense, and for fitness.

Many of the men in my classes have had to adjust to the fact that I'm a girlie-girl with pink sparring gear and highlights. They were a little afraid to hit me at first, but they caught on pretty quick that I'm actually a bit of a brawler. I tend to picture everyone as a 6'6 260 lb. bodybuilder coming at me on the street and trying to kill me (always have to be prepared) and it really helps my motivation. That and my day job involves working with a multitude of attorneys and paralegals, so class is great therapy. :ultracool

My husband just got his yellow and I am studying to test next month.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Amazon. My daughter got to brown belt in traditional karate before moving out of the area, so I know you can do it. Keep us posted (literally). :)

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! :wavey:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT and enjoy!

Congrats to your husband and good luck at your testing for yellow!

Jeff

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! My wife and I have studied together for almost 6 years and we really enjoy the time in the dojo together. Good luck to you on your test and congrats to your husband. Convince him to join MT and meet all your new peers.:)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy your stay! :)

Mike

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome, good luck in EPAK. Also, like everyone else said.....get your hubbie to join. Good times to be had by all.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. It is always nice to have more EPAK people here, or course it is nice to have anyone new here, but I come from the Parker line myself.

AoG

OP
Amazon

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everybody!!

Welcome aboard! My wife and I have studied together for almost 6 years and we really enjoy the time in the dojo together. Good luck to you on your test and congrats to your husband. Convince him to join MT and meet all your new peers.:)

Welcome, good luck in EPAK. Also, like everyone else said.....get your hubbie to join. Good times to be had by all.

I know he's lurking around here somewhere, but I don't think he's actually signed up yet. :)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome! :wavey: Glad to have you among us and would love to see your posts as you move on through the ranks.

- Ceicei

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey: The MAs can always use more women!

Latest Discussions