500 punches a day

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I try to perform 500 punches every day on my 80 LB hanging Everlast bag. I like to mix it up with reverse punches, roundhouse punches, open palm, knifehand etc. I try to concentrate on good form and at the same time complete the task in under 4 minutes. I started this ritual about 10 years ago. I benefit from it in so many ways. Not only the physical benefits but also mentally. A disipline thing.

What is your unusal, unreasonable, obsessive ritual that you feel you must, or at least want to, perform everyday.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I try to perform 500 punches every day on my 80 LB hanging Everlast bag. I like to mix it up with reverse punches, roundhouse punches, open palm, knifehand etc. I try to concentrate on good form and at the same time complete the task in under 4 minutes. I started this ritual about 10 years ago. I benefit from it in so many ways. Not only the physical benefits but also mentally. A disipline thing.

What is your unusal, unreasonable, obsessive ritual that you feel you must, or at least want to, perform everyday.

Kicks anywhere from 500 to 1000 and doing my forms, poomsae, kata at least twenty time slow and percise.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a rock that gets punched (moderately hard) about 100 times a day and about the same number of knife hand strikes on it.
When i had my sand barrel I did about 100 thrusts a day with each hand in addition to hitting the sand bags, unfortunately those are now gone from the school ( I think I need to find where I put them.

Latest Discussions