3 Civilians Killed in Military Jet Crash

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SAN DIEGO (Dec. 9) — Residents near Marine Corps Air Station Miramar are accustomed to loud, low-flying military jets, but they immediately knew something was wrong when they heard the skies thunder. The explosions came moments later.

After the pilot safely ejected, an F/A-18D Hornet fighter jet crashed in the street of a quiet neighborhood Monday and tore into a home with four people inside, authorities said. Three people — a mother, one of her children and a grandmother — were killed, Fire Department spokesman Maurice Luque said. Another child was missing, and rescue crews planned to resume searching Tuesday morning.
Two homes were destroyed and three damaged in the neighborhood of half-million dollar houses.

Sad.

Its an AOL news story so I dunno if you need an AIM login to see it.

http://news.aol.com/article/military-jet-crash-kills-2-on-ground/271591

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is terrible and makes one wonder why the Top Gun school would be training low level flights over a residential neighborhood. Seems to me they would know better.
My heart goes to the family that lost three generations in an instant.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't imagine how difficult this has to be for the family, to lose that much that quickly.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them as well as to the pilot. I know he was able to eject uninjured but that would be a horrible thing to have to carry around around.

In the hope of solace
Mark

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is it that fate couldnt let the jet crash onto the local crack house or pedophile?

Sad.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why is it that fate couldnt let the jet crash onto the local crack house or pedophile?

Sad.

Because bad things never seem to happen to bad people. Karma doesn't work the way it should I guess.

Latest Discussions