25 most dangerous martial arts ever created

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Plus side? I learned about some martial arts I'd never heard of before. Kalaripayattu, Varma Kalai and Vacon... who knew? :) The descriptions were very superficial, but I appreciate that the guys who put it together did a little research.

Minus column: Not a scientific list... not really any kind of criteria at all that I could see. And BJJ should have been number 2, right ahead of Sambo and Judo, and behind Vale Tudo as number one. ;)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After 25 martial arts. I wouldn't have thought there would be many left

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well there is that Viking berserker arts thing, maximum violence and all, and that Welsh Llap Gotch, if I recall. If those aren't on the list, well the list is bunk.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anything that teaches you how to punch or kick or throw or twist someone's limbs Is dangerous, it's not the art that's dangerous it's the person who uses it you can have someone who trains in each of the top 5 of that list and they're as quiet as a church mouse and never uses their training once so the arts not dangerous for them.

Another guy may train in an art that's not on that list but they may be an arrogant argumentative guy who enjoys fighting so that art would be dangerous then.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things like that can be interesting, in that you might hear about something new.
But it's basically just clickbait, and I'm sure they thank you for generating some cash.

Latest Discussions