2007 NY MartialTalk Meet & Greet

Bob of course. Soon as I get the lessons, and get over my fear of flying. :D

Would love to be there but i have to save up for my next trip to Japan ( addicted! )
Be sure to get some footage on the net! :)

At these gas prices, it would still be cheaper to fly than to drive from England to Buffalo. :uhyeah:

May I ask you something?

How on earth would a person accomplish driving from England to Buffalo? I mean, outside of parking it on a boat/ freighter (still would be an outrageous price...)

Would love to be there but i have to save up for my next trip to Japan ( addicted! )
Be sure to get some footage on the net! :)

I'm sure Bob will get something on film..I can barely work the camera on my cell phone..

May I ask you something?

How on earth would a person accomplish driving from England to Buffalo? I mean, outside of parking it on a boat/ freighter (still would be an outrageous price...)

Even then, unless you were actually driving the car during the trip—think of a Morris Minor on the deck of an otherwise empty supertanker— would you want to say that someone actually drove from England to Buffalo just because their car had been transported by boat.

You know... that actually answers the question. Drive to Portsmouth or wherever, load your car onto the freighter, drive around in a tight circle in the cargo hold of the freighter for the whole trip (make sure it's well ventilated, mind!) and when you hit NY, you set off for upstate. And when you arrive in Buffalo you can truthfully say that you drove the whole way from England to Buffalo! :D

Even then, unless you were actually driving the car during the trip—think of a Morris Minor on the deck of an otherwise empty supertanker— would you want to say that someone actually drove from England to Buffalo just because their car had been transported by boat.

You know... that actually answers the question. Drive to Portsmouth or wherever, load your car onto the freighter, drive around in a tight circle in the cargo hold of the freighter for the whole trip (make sure it's well ventilated, mind!) and when you hit NY, you set off for upstate. And when you arrive in Buffalo you can truthfully say that you drove the whole way from England to Buffalo! :D

Actually, I was considering the fact that your car would be with you as being "driving" to each place.... Your idea is not only HILARIOUS, but definitely considered driving.

Oh! And Drac? My response will remain at: :p

Oh! And Drac? My response will remain at: :p

You throw the gauntlet at me??? I guess as a Mod I would get a warning if I post what I wanted to??

OK..I gotta real important question...Who is teaching what?? What do we need to bring?? Sticks, Canes, training weapons (gun, knife)..Just wondering..

That didn't look like a gauntlet it looked like tongue which, unless I'm interpreting it entirely the wrong way, is pretty much the opposite of a gauntlet. :idunno:

That didn't look like a gauntlet it looked like tongue which, unless I'm interpreting it entirely the wrong way, is pretty much the opposite of a gauntlet. :idunno:

The sticking out of the tongue WAS the tossing of the gauntlet..She was forcing me to post a comment, which I cannot do since this is a family site and I don't wish to upset anyone because of the adult nature of my response...Kapeesh??

Ohhh, see, I thought is was something else altogether, my bad:uhyeah:

OK..I gotta real important question...Who is teaching what?? What do we need to bring?? Sticks, Canes, training weapons (gun, knife)..Just wondering..

Yes, we were wondering about this... and is there a rough idea of who will be teaching what? Ankh-wiring minds want to know (thinking of your old avatar, Bob...)

Dunno yet. Who wants to teach?

Dunno yet. Who wants to teach?

Not I..I'm just a poor dumb street cop, that is forced to teach rudementary skills to cadets, things many of you learned a LONG time ago..Events like this SHOULD be taught by martial art instructors...

Maybe Brian could share some of his knowledge of stick and knife???

I could show you how to deny someone's civil rights???

Seriously folks..Where did everyone stay last year???

If there are any ladies up for sharing a hotel room, gimme a holler please! :)

Drac, take off that wig...

What if I promise to stay on my side of the room???

I have been ordered to get a nice hotel, just in case the wife decides to come. Anyone know of any good ones?

Latest Discussions

Back