2-sentence BJJ "horror" story.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The following tale is based on true events.

I tried the buggy choke.
Armbarred myself.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have groined myself a few times with the double leg over arm bar.
I don't know the name of the technique, but basically in an open guard you just vault over the knees into mount.

Yeah, I didn't quite make it all the way over the knees.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
90% of the time, I do stuff like this.

Yesterday, I did the opposite. Just trying to get a knee under my opponent's side control, somehow I got to mount. This leads to a different problem: no idea how I did it, so I can't train or reproduce it...

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I got a good one for ya. Man on bottom applying triangle choke, choke locked in and then farts.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a one-sentence horror story:

My opponent tapped...on my sunburn.

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I got another: Sparring with someone way better than me, and he keeps checking to see if the coach is watching. He heelhooks me out of nowhere xD

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got another: Sparring with someone way better than me, and he keeps checking to see if the coach is watching. He heelhooks me out of nowhere xD
The brown belt at my gym had me in side control, had the grip for an Americana, gives me this wry smile and wristlocks me. Professor was right there. I said "Hey!" (Sharply, but playfully).

Professor said, "2 more stripes and you can do that, gotta learn some time."

The rest of the roll, I went for nothing but wristlocks. I didn't get him. But I didn't spend the whole time in disadvantageous positions, so I'll call it a win.
I tapped to top pressure.
There's one blue belt that will almost get me to tap to pressure when I'm in his closed guard.

Getting smashed yesterday sucked extra because the sunburn on my shoulders

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The brown belt at my gym had me in side control, had the grip for an Americana, gives me this wry smile and wristlocks me. Professor was right there. I said "Hey!" (Sharply, but playfully).

Professor said, "2 more stripes and you can do that, gotta learn some time."

The rest of the roll, I went for nothing but wristlocks. I didn't get him. But I didn't spend the whole time in disadvantageous positions, so I'll call it a win.

There's one blue belt that will almost get me to tap to pressure when I'm in his closed guard.

Getting smashed yesterday sucked extra because the sunburn on my shoulders

I was joking. I would die before I tapped to tpo pressure.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I tapped to top pressure.
I've only done that once or twice. Both times severely out of shape. 1st time I was a noob, 2nd time I came back after years of not training and I tapped. It's crazy how many times when I was in shape that people would apply that pressure and it did nothing to me. 2 years on the couch and cheetos will do that to you.

Latest Discussions