$#!+!!!!!!!!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I manage an independant wireless retail dealership. My wife's uncle works for the provider as a liason between the corporate entity and the dealership, and helped me ge the job. He was in town today, took me out to supper, and clued me in. The retailer I work for is pulling out of this market, because it's just not economically viable.

I'm out of work within the next month.

At this point, I would like you to know that a great deal of expletives belong in this post. I am unhappy this evening.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate that. Something will come up, I am a resourceful fellow. What bothers me is that this doesn't fit my plan. My goals are becoming more difficult to actualize.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, so I slept on it. This isn't going to stop me. Nothing is going to stop me. I will find my place, I just need to search again.

A cup must be empty before it can be filled.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
you'll find something. i know how it is to know that you no longer have a job. sucks! maybe you can hook up with another company? or maybe its time to expand your horizons? keep your head up and also your guard. hee hee!
peace

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's a rough break; searching for a job is always a drag.
This is a good time to ask if you were happy with what you were doing; if not it may be a blessing in disguise.
Good luck.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
if not it may be a blessing in disguise.
Good luck.
Flatlander, my money's on you!

Nothing happens unless there is a reason for it to happen. This could be another door opening for you. Go for it.

Best, KT:asian:

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Keep your spirits up. I know this is a wrench in your plans, but it may turn out unexpectedly better this way. We'll all be pulling for you!

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
you might want to think about opening a dojo. just some thoughts. don't know what your experience is but could be an idea.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
OK, so I slept on it. This isn't going to stop me. Nothing is going to stop me. I will find my place, I just need to search again.

A cup must be empty before it can be filled.
That's the ticket! We are always tested in life...it all comes down to how you decide to see it. That must be some good mattress you have! :) I'm proud of you for your new approach. Go get em!!!!:jedi1: Please let us know how you make out!

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Everyone goes through the visicitudes of life - ups and downs. I try and remember that storms are seasons. They don't last forever. Everyone has failures and upsets in our journey - either by personal fault or at times not. Fail forward. A book I can recommend is by Dr. John C. Maxwell entitled Failing Forward. Shows how to handle these times of life. Keep your chin up. It always works out.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Enson said:
you might want to think about opening a dojo. just some thoughts. don't know what your experience is but could be an idea.
That made my day! I would, but I'd get witch hunted on Martial Talk for being a McDojo!

Seriously, not enough training yet.

Dan...don't worry man! I know that you'll find something soon. Keep your head up...

Your friend,

Paul
Paul, thank you so much.

I would just like to thank the entire Martial Talk community for all the positive reinforcement. You guys are all awesome. Go MT community!

:redcaptur :CTF:

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Hey flatlander,

Just a thought, but you might want to consider teaching MA a couple days a week at a local park or community center. (Assuming your current instructor is ok with it.) You won't make much money, but it could be enough to be worth it.

Good luck with the job search.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan I just had a brainstorm :idea: ...well maybe...you are so funny (I love funny people)! And always seem to say something good here on MT...How about a job here? You'd be brilliant. Look at all those rep points!!!!:partyon: My money's on you here! :cool:

MJ :)

W

WildCater

wow, sorry to here about that, but I would go with opening a dojo if it was my choice. I probabaly dont understand this theroghly for im only 16, but I would take great pride in my rank, and pass knowledge on,..... to any body. unless they were a thug. Sorry Im a noob. and I dont understand this kind of situations. sorry I couldnt be any more help.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Dan I just had a brainstorm :idea: ...well maybe...you are so funny (I love funny people)! And always seem to say something good here on MT...How about a job here? You'd be brilliant. Look at all those rep points!!!!:partyon: My money's on you here! :cool:

Though I really appreciate the compliment, I don't think it was meant to be. I don't think anybody makes money at Martial Talk. In fact, Kaith only just today managed to get enough money together to change his avatar, and it would appear that he had to pick one up second-hand!

Notwithstanding this unfortunate bit, I know I'll be OK. That's the great thing about being Canadian. I've forcibly paid a ton into Employment Insurance off of every paycheque that I've ever recieved, and so get to draw 55% of my pre layoff wage for the following 5 or 6 months, even though I'm not working (if I'm not working).

By that time, hopefully Kaith will have sold a WHOLE BUNCH more supporting memberships, and can afford to hire and pay me the significant wage I so very much deserve, and maybe even pick himself up a NEW avatar....

Dan

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Though I really appreciate the compliment, I don't think it was meant to be. I don't think anybody makes money at Martial Talk. In fact, Kaith only just today managed to get enough money together to change his avatar, and it would appear that he had to pick one up second-hand!
...LOL :rofl: Dan....oh :lookie: really sorry Kaith...but do ya see what I see? It's great that you have a little breathing time. Make the most of it! :armed:

Latest Discussions