Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
15 Things You Should Know About "The Race"
Michelle Malkin
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Townhall.com
Excerpt:
Only in America could critics of a group called "The Race" be labeled racists. Such is the triumph of left-wing identity chauvinists, whose aggressive activists and supine abettors have succeeded in redefining all opposition as "hate."
Both Barack Obama and John McCain will speak this week in San Diego at the annual conference of the National Council of La Raza, the Latino organization whose name is Spanish for, yes, "The Race." Can you imagine Obama and McCain paying homage to a group of white people who called themselves that? No matter. The presidential candidates and the media have legitimized "The Race" as a mainstream ethnic lobbying group and marginalized its critics as intolerant bigots. The unvarnished truth is that the group is a radical ethnic nationalist outfit that abuses your tax dollars and milks PC politics to undermine our sovereignty.
Here are 15 things you should know about "The Race":
--------End Excerpt-------------
From Dictionary.com:
rac·ism
thinsp.png
/ˈreɪ
thinsp.png
sɪz
thinsp.png
əm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uh
thinsp.png
m] P –noun
1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. 2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination. 3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.Funny, I don't see "Only applies to Caucasians in the definition...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well does this surprise any American not really. Can we as American do anything about not really. We are doomed by our own ignorance, God Bless all people of this country.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't wait until Caucasians are a minority so we can finally have:

a National Association for the Advancement of Uncolored People

uncolored fraternities

White College Fund

White Entertainment Television

Congressional White Caucus

along with all the other rights, privileges and job opportunities (racial comedy!!) only available to minorities.

Also looking forward to them crushing the middle class so I can either be rich or be Entitled (to support by the government) so my quality of life will improve.

/end bitter rant

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
my step daughter is mixed race (black and white). We were careful to list her race as Black on her kindergarten enrollment, so that in 12 years she might qualify for better scholarships.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
my step daughter is mixed race (black and white). We were careful to list her race as Black on her kindergarten enrollment, so that in 12 years she might qualify for better scholarships.

Yes my wife is Peurto Rican and we list all the boys as Hispanic as well. She was born here and so was my son's.God Bless America

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't wait until Caucasians are a minority so we can finally have:

Affirmitive Action isn't about being a minority. It is also not about 'we feel bad for being racist a couple years ago'. It exist as the only way to repay almost 300 years of rape, murder, torture, and enslavement. And no, that is not just African-Americans that were in that situation. They were just in it the longest.

La Raza is like the groups that came in the 50's-70's. There was the Black Panthers, Brown Panthers, Gray Panthers, White Panthers, Brown Berets, Young Lords, Student Non-Violent Coordinating Commitee, Students for a Democratic Society, and so on. They were fighting for Racial and Ethnic rights, and National Pride. La Raza is no differnit. They are not seeking to make the groups they represent superior. They want to make the groups they represent to have a feeling of self worth, some national pride, and some equality.
In South Omaha La Raza is trying to get the school district to provide busing to to and from the rich part of town. To allow the students who want to go to the 'better' schools to be able. At the moment, you don't have the option.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you cannot, by definition, give one group an advantage, without putting another group at a disadvantage.

AA gives a group(s) an advantage

that puts another group at a disadvantage, because of race.

thats racial discrimination

thats wrong, no matter why, or who is on the recieving end.

"It exist as the only way to repay almost 300 years of rape, murder, torture, and enslavement. And no, that is not just African-Americans that were in that situation. They were just in it the longest."

uh, NO.

1865 minus 300= 1565

the united states didnt even EXIST for another 210 years, ergo the united states is not responsible for what happened before 1776.

Not to mention the fact that no american alive today has ever been a slave or owned one.

I havnt raped, murdered, tortured, or enslaved anyone. And i for one am damn sick of the "slavery card" being thrown in my face as an excuse for some people's inability to make something of their lives.

I dont owe them anything. Niether does anyone else.

And for your information, la Raza supports the wholesale annexation of the entire southwest back to mexico.

got news for them

aint gonna happen.

it is a shame that either candidate feels the need to court this group, but the hispanic vote is up for grabs, so it is smart for them to do so.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1865 minus 300= 1565

All forms of institutionalized discrimination against suddenly ended overnight in 1865?

I got to recheck my history books... I'm pretty sure it continued well past that, slavery ended, but the playing field was far from level.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didnt say the world turned beer and skittles. I said slavery ended and it did.

Lets be generous, and add 100 years to 1965. Thats still 100 less than the quoted 300 and 200 less than the commonly touted 400.

Accuracy isnt too much to ask for is it?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's not my country so I have no axe to grind and it has been clear that at several points myself and TF have very different views on things when it comes to politics.

That being said, I do think that his point about the inherently inequitous and socially corrosive aspects of Affirmative Action should be discussed a little more fully.

When people start to feel like they are being pushed into a lesser status in the country of their birth, then it is a signal that something is getting out of kilter. To feel 'disadvantaged' is a terrible thing; it is even worse if that comes about through self-serving policy decisions on the behalf of politicians.

Such feelings have wide, disruptive, implications and actually work to cause more division than they salve. If maintained long enough, you start to see horrifying things start to stir in the bowels of politics.

For example, in Britain we have a political party called the BNP (http://www.bnp.org.uk/). On the 'public' surface, they touch 'base' with a lot of the issues that common working people feel and do so in a fashion very much akin to the tone of some of the posters in the political arena here at MT.

What's wrong with that then?

They are the direct descendants of the same political philosophy that infected Germany between the Wars. Yes, I'm sorry, the N word does apply (no, not that 'N' word, the other one :D).

What do they make a lot of political capital out of? Our equivalent of Affirmative Action (we call it Positive Discrimination). They do it quite subtly and it bothers me when I see their propoganda and can feel the emotive tug within it that tries to overwhelm my sense of Liberal morality.

My family line stretches back to before the Doomsday Book in this country (i.e. nearly a thousand years). I am, by my own efforts, very highly educated and have strived to be a productive member of my society. When I was out of work for a while, due to nearly getting killed in a bike accident, my status in the scheme of things was rock bottom and I was given the lowest priority by the social services because I was cursed by being White, Male, Heterosexual and actually English. I'm not exaggerating, that's how the 'points system' works.

When systems are put in place, from the most laudible of motives, that actively disadvantage the 'indigs', then it is no wonder that ill feelings arise. That is what I'm stumbling towards here. The consequences of fostering Positive Discrimatination are enhanced racism and the growth of insidious parties like the BNP.

This can get to such an extreme that a local Indian man killed his BNP neighbour after years of racist hostility. The case is not settled yet but I'm not confident that if he gets off with anything less than 'life' the area will not see a 'meltdown' of sorts. The chap 'did it', no doubt about it but he was driven to it I reckon. That will cut no ice, however, due to the now ingrained grass-roots opinion, fanned by the BNP, that if you're English born and bred you get nothing but get to pay for everybody else.

How did things come to this pass? Affirmative Action. It's hard to cognisance that something that seems so well motivated on the outside can have such bad effects but, here at least it does. So please don't dimiss it so lightly, tho' I suspect that it is less insidious in America than it is here as, with such a short history, everyone is only a few generations on from an immigrant of some sort.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
you cannot, by definition, give one group an advantage, without putting another group at a disadvantage.

Fine, what ever. You win. He who has no understanding of 'the ripple effect'.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Affirmitive Action isn't about being a minority. It is also not about 'we feel bad for being racist a couple years ago'. It exist as the only way to repay almost 300 years of rape, murder, torture, and enslavement. And no, that is not just African-Americans that were in that situation. They were just in it the longest.

La Raza is like the groups that came in the 50's-70's. There was the Black Panthers, Brown Panthers, Gray Panthers, White Panthers, Brown Berets, Young Lords, Student Non-Violent Coordinating Commitee, Students for a Democratic Society, and so on. They were fighting for Racial and Ethnic rights, and National Pride. La Raza is no differnit. They are not seeking to make the groups they represent superior. They want to make the groups they represent to have a feeling of self worth, some national pride, and some equality.
In South Omaha La Raza is trying to get the school district to provide busing to to and from the rich part of town. To allow the students who want to go to the 'better' schools to be able. At the moment, you don't have the option.
There are several faces to La Raza. One of them is a violent criminal street gang.

Several of the groups you cite were violent organizations that sought the forcible overthrow of the United States, or their "nicer" political fronts.

You might want to research an organization called Growth & Development in Chicago. There's absolutely no coincidence that Growth & Development share the same initials as the Gangster Disciples.

Before you jump onto someone's bandwagon -- take a look to see who's really holding the reins.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think "The Race" La Raza refers to is the Tour de France can see they are a racist organization, differing from the KKK only by the color and language of the people they hate. Their widespread support of democrat candidates and policies ought to be troubling. Unless, of course, you consider racism against white people justified.

Last edited:

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Payback was not the point of Affirmative Action. You are absolutely wrong about that.

The point was to "level the playing field", so to speak. It recognized that the current (at the time) system was biased against minorities, specifically Black Americans (African-Americans are Americans who immigrated from Africa, such as Charlize Theron).

And what is a "Racial and Ethnic Right"? That is a terminology that I have never heard before.

And what "national pride" is La Raza interested in. Racial pride, maybe. But to have national pride, one must associate that with a specific nation. I contend that they are interested in Mexican national pride, and it has nothing to do with the U.S. national pride.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score

Longer than Anglos, Saxons and other Germanic tribes were enslaved by the Roman Empire? I'm pretty sure I should have a check coming from Italy. Thousands of years of oppression!

On the other hand, MY family never owned any slaves in the U.S. or even colony times. New England yanks, thankee very much.

I share Dr. MLK's dream that "my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." (Yes, I have four children, too ;))

Or, as En Vogue put it: "Be color blind, don't be so shallow."

I don't like White Pride idiots, Black Panthers, and definately don't like "La Raza."

It's time to pull the race card from the deck and play a nice, fair game with no jokers in it.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
That being said, I do think that his point about the inherently inequitous and socially corrosive aspects of Affirmative Action should be discussed a little more fully.

When people start to feel like they are being pushed into a lesser status in the country of their birth, then it is a signal that something is getting out of kilter.

Indeed. What the white folks moaning about affirmative action fail to understand though are their own present privileges, which benefit them and disadvantage minorities. Thus, the minorities are the ones feeling those corrosive aspects of lesser status, which AA attempts to address.

Thus, I understand the cynicism of a black man listening to a white Republican claiming that they are being horribly disadvantaged because society wants some black folks to get jobs.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Longer than Anglos, Saxons and other Germanic tribes were enslaved by the Roman Empire? I'm pretty sure I should have a check coming from Italy. Thousands of years of oppression!

Are the effects of that oppression still a problem for people like you today? If not, then this point is utterly irrelevant.

On the other hand, MY family never owned any slaves in the U.S. or even colony times. New England yanks, thankee very much.

You and your family have benefited, none the less.

It's time to pull the race card from the deck and play a nice, fair game with no jokers in it.

The game isn't fair now. Playing the game without any recognition of race only preserves the current unfairnesses. No surprise that those benefiting from that (whites) are against it while those disadvantaged by it (blacks) are not.

Latest Discussions