106 time arrestee arrested again for mugging a senior citizen

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell...YES, the system should have locked this piece of **** up a long time ago! One has to ask...how the hell is it possible, unless the judge isn't playing with a full deck of cards, to allow someone to repeatedly get back on the street to commit crimes? Is it the officer who makes the arrest, that doesnt do his/her job right, to convince the court, people like this are scum?

As for rehab...no, forget it. This guy has no desire to rehab himself and any attempt would be a total waste of time. Lock this dirtbag up for life and throw away the key!!!!!

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Eighteen convictions is surprising enough, but given that a single case can involve multiple charges, I can see how that many would add up. 106 arrests, even if we take out the petty ordinance violations, is mind-boggling. How someone can have 106 arrests but only 18 convictions is.....oddly skewed.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think everyone posting here is rushing to judgement on this guy. Can't you even begin to consider that he is simply a victim of circumstance?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
106 arrests, 18 convictions, some of them being felonies, and yet he's still able to commit this crime:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-with-106-arrests-nabbed-in-uptown-robbery-20110713,0,324706.story

Shouldn't the justice system have put him away a long time ago?
Yes

In a nutshell...YES, the system should have locked this piece of **** up a long time ago! One has to ask...how the hell is it possible, unless the judge isn't playing with a full deck of cards, to allow someone to repeatedly get back on the street to commit crimes? Is it the officer who makes the arrest, that doesnt do his/her job right, to convince the court, people like this are scum?

As for rehab...no, forget it. This guy has no desire to rehab himself and any attempt would be a total waste of time. Lock this dirtbag up for life and throw away the key!!!!!
Yes

Eighteen convictions is surprising enough, but given that a single case can involve multiple charges, I can see how that many would add up. 106 arrests, even if we take out the petty ordinance violations, is mind-boggling. How someone can have 106 arrests but only 18 convictions is.....oddly skewed.
Yes

It sounds as if this is a mental health case that keeps getting kicked back into the system.
Sean
Yes

I think everyone posting here is rushing to judgement on this guy. Can't you even begin to consider that he is simply a victim of circumstance?
NOOOO

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

You're kidding, right?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Records indicate Woods has been arrested 106 times for felonies, misdemeanors and other city ordinance violations. He has been convicted 18 times. This appears to be the first time he has been arrested in 2011.
from the article...

Note that this record includes "felonies, misdemeanors, and other city ordinance violations." Without seeing the record, there's no way to know how many of those occurred as part of the same incident (e.g., I can easily come up with a scenario for armed robbery, commission of a felony while armed, assault & battery, and abduction are all charged as a result of one "crime"), and city ordinance violations are going to be stuff like not getting a dog license or improperly registered vehicles, or even simple traffic offenses. He's 52; he could have been locked up, done several years, several times, and simply gotten out to get arrested again.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
How someone can have 106 arrests but only 18 convictions is.....oddly skewed.

Not odd at all when you see how the system works. 18 convictions total or convictions for charges filed? How many pleas to lesser charges? How many convictions and sentences for "time served" while locked up during proceedings? How many charges dismissed for a guilty plea to a single count (which is probably the bulk of the issue) ?

Then you have DA's who lay out blanket policies of plea deals for pretty much everything except major felonies (that get him in the spotlight...) and would prefer to plea or dismiss cases rather than "waste time" taking "small fish" to trial.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you think this is an isolated incident, think again. I know many men with arrest records like this. And I'll bet my last dollar his juvey record (which is sealed) puts that one to shame.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not odd at all when you see how the system works. 18 convictions total or convictions for charges filed? How many pleas to lesser charges? How many convictions and sentences for "time served" while locked up during proceedings? How many charges dismissed for a guilty plea to a single count (which is probably the bulk of the issue) ?

Then you have DA's who lay out blanket policies of plea deals for pretty much everything except major felonies (that get him in the spotlight...) and would prefer to plea or dismiss cases rather than "waste time" taking "small fish" to trial.

And this is a huge part of the issue right here. Instead of agreeing to the deals, just toss the book at them. If they havent learned their lesson after the first couple of times, they never will, IMO. Screw the deals. People like this dont deserve to walk around free.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Perhaps he repeatedly had a bad attorney. Maybe he ate too many twinkies. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, several times. Driving while guilty.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OTOH, if the prisons today, weren't so country clubish, perhaps it'd be less of a pleasant experience. Hmm...Sheriff Joe comes to mind. :D

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps he repeatedly had a bad attorney. Maybe he ate too many twinkies. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, several times. Driving while guilty.

Umm...sorry, I have to call :BSmeter: on that. Lets not keep blaming others here for the mistake of this dirtbag. HE has the ability to control his life, HE has the ability to turn his life around, but HE doesnt want to. Lock his *** up and throw away the key!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Umm...sorry, I have to call :BSmeter: on that. Lets not keep blaming others here for the mistake of this dirtbag. HE has the ability to control his life, HE has the ability to turn his life around, but HE doesnt want to. Lock his *** up and throw away the key!

He didn't want to move....or rather go back home.
(with 18 convictions, he has been breathing 'filtered air' more than the stuff on the outside!)

Latest Discussions