10 myths women have about men

M

Melissa426

This is From an MSN.com article.

I admit, I thought a few of these "myths" were actually true.

Agree? Disagree? Comments?

10 Myths women have about men.

As perceptive as women can be, they have yet to figure out the male psyche — an interesting and sometimes frightening place from which men forge their own unique approach to life.

To gain a little perspective on man and his muse, we approached a variety of men with some of the more common female perceptions of them. Not surprisingly, we found out that a lot of those beliefs are, in fact, misperceptions, and the guys we spoke with were more than eager to clear them up.

Though a highly subjective survey, here are some of the more interesting truths revealed from the mouths of men:

1. Men are not interested in what women have to say
"Men are interested in what women have to say," countered Chris, 27, "as long as it involves one of the following: Our favorite sport, our favorite activity or your naked body. For example, many men would find it extremely interesting if a woman said, 'A couple of years ago, I got so drunk that I showed up nude to a football game.'"

2. Men want somebody who is just like their mother
"Men do want somebody who will love them like dear old Mom," admits Eric, 42. "But sometimes Mom also annoys us; we don't want you to be like that. So love, nurture and spoil like her — just don't be her."

3. Men only think about sex
"Well, yeah," says Paul, 34. "Thinking about sex takes up a good portion of our brain power, but we don't spend all of our free time pondering when we'll make our next move." Paul also adds, "There are actually plenty of women who are more interested in sex than we are."

4. He's spoiling me, so he must have plenty of money
"No, I don't," assures Brady, 49. "I'm going a little outside my comfort level to woo you, but plan to return gradually to my normal level as you fall, hopefully, madly in love with me."

5. If I sleep with him on the first date, he won't respect me
"Not necessarily," suggests Juan, 21. "My impression of you is based more on how you treat me and how we connect than whether or not we're intimate on the first date."

6. I can change him
"No, you can't," replies Jacques, 30. "Oh, you might get us to behave differently for a while. We might wear some newer shirts or clean up after ourselves for a few weeks, but I'm only doing it because I want to do — at least that is what I'm telling myself."

7. Men are interested in my dating history
"I couldn't care less about your sexual history," says Thomas, 19. "I don't care if you've had one or 20 partners; just don't tell me about any of them."

8. Men don't like women who make the first move.
"Sure we do," returns Romero, 39. "It's less work for us and shows us you have good taste."

9. Men prefer inexperienced women
"That's one of the great myths," admits Chuck, 52. "In reality, we'd rather be with someone who knows what they're doing."

10. Men are strong
"No," assures Michael, who just turned 40. "We're babies, especially when we've got a cold or you break our hearts.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would have thought all that stuff was obvious, I guess I have to many male friends!!

Love the first one, would certainly get their attention!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
The responses of a perfect cad.

Not me, of course.

Hmmm? What was that?

Mom? That neurotic and histrionic whacko who installed every single button in me that a woman might want to push. Sure! Great idea!

"There are actually plenty of women who are more interested in sex than we are."

I WANT THEIR NAMES.

You just keep thinking that, and maybe we'll get to topic of #3 a little quicker.

This is not true. Let me prove it to you. Sleep with me on the first date and let me prove how respectful I can be. Watch how my respect increases for you exponentially as you sleep with me on every subsequent date.

Did I mention I have lots of money?

6. I can change him

You're going to get me to wash out my cereal bowl before the detritus of my cornflakes harden into a mass of crusty biodegradable concrete. You're going to get me to quit channel surfing with the remote until I get a stress injury in my thumb. You're going to get me not to expel gas out of two ends when company is present, scratch where it itches in public, not wear two day old underwear and you're going to get me to change my socks. You'll convince me to make the bed and use a hamper. You'll get me to stop cleaning out the sludge from my sinuses when I'm in the shower.

I don't think so.

I am not. I also do NOT want to know his dimensions nor do I want you comparing him to me when it comes to such things. Unless he was hung like a hamster, of course.

Make the first move and see how I like it. Then allow me to show how much I really respect you. Did I mention I have lots of money?

No experience necessary. OJT provided. However, if you're found to be overqualified for the position, or any position we may put you in...we'll likely keep you in that position until we find a more suitable position for you.

Have you ever heard of the "pile driver?"

10. Men are strong

If denied the pleasures of the flesh, all strength flees and we beg and wheedle. We whine. We get on our knees and debase ourselves in the most humiliating fashion in order to get our needs filled. We sacrifice our masculinity on the altar of feminine beauty.

Or is that just me?

Regards,

Steve

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Steve - I want to preface this response by saying I like ya and I think you're a kewl dude - you know that. But I just couldn't pass this opportunity up!

hardheadjarhead said:
The responses of a perfect cad.

Hmmm? What was that?
This is when we pull out the structural lumber, burn the message into the wood and smack you across the head with it.

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
Mom? That neurotic and histrionic whacko who installed every single button in me that a woman might want to push. Sure! Great idea!
Then flush, put the seat down, make your own lunch for work, cook dinner once in a while, clean up like you own the place and fart in only designated farting areas - your mother obviously didn't require this of you, hence you do it here too. Don't ask me to make your appointments for you, make them yourself. Figure out how to use the phone and make dinner and babysitting arrangements - if you don't want me to be your mommy, don't hand her job over to me.

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
"There are actually plenty of women who are more interested in sex than we are."

I WANT THEIR NAMES.
1. She-Sulsa
2. (any other MT chicks wanna add their names to the list?)

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
You just keep thinking that, and maybe we'll get to topic of #3 a little quicker.
There ya go. Then you'll want it so bad, you WILL spoil us and do everything you can to make more money to spoil us more so you can get more. See what I'm sayin'?

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
This is not true. Let me prove it to you. Sleep with me on the first date and let me prove how respectful I can be. Watch how my respect increases for you exponentially as you sleep with me on every subsequent date.

Did I mention I have lots of money?
Yes, you did. Let's go spend some first, cuz you're gonna have to make it worth my while FIRST - just in case the act only lasts 10 seconds which there ain't enough money in the world to buy, quite frankly.

hardheadjarhead said:
6. I can change him
hardheadjarhead said:
You're going to get me to wash out my cereal bowl before the detritus of my cornflakes harden into a mass of crusty biodegradable concrete. You're going to get me to quit channel surfing with the remote until I get a stress injury in my thumb. You're going to get me not to expel gas out of two ends when company is present, scratch where it itches in public, not wear two day old underwear and you're going to get me to change my socks. You'll convince me to make the bed and use a hamper. You'll get me to stop cleaning out the sludge from my sinuses when I'm in the shower.

I don't think so.

Please see the above mentioned maternal reference

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
I am not. I also do NOT want to know his dimensions nor do I want you comparing him to me when it comes to such things. Unless he was hung like a hamster, of course.
Ummm....I'm a virgin....yeah, that's it....and the only tallywhackers I've ever seen were those on hamsters....yeah, that's the ticket....

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
Make the first move and see how I like it. Then allow me to show how much I really respect you. Did I mention I have lots of money?
I don't mind making the first move just so long as your "move" is the last one.

hardheadjarhead said:
hardheadjarhead said:
No experience necessary. OJT provided. However, if you're found to be overqualified for the position, or any position we may put you in...we'll likely keep you in that position until we find a more suitable position for you.

Have you ever heard of the "pile driver?"
Hint: subtlety can take you far.

hardheadjarhead said:
10. Men are strong
hardheadjarhead said:
If denied the pleasures of the flesh, all strength flees and we beg and wheedle. We whine. We get on our knees and debase ourselves in the most humiliating fashion in order to get our needs filled. We sacrifice our masculinity on the altar of feminine beauty.
Now you're talkin'! And you wonder why some women withhold it? Sheesh. Just do this a little more often before you are deprived and you might never find yourself deprived - ever! What a concept.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
There are areas specifically designated for this? Where are they? Are they far from here? Are they always open?
Anywhere outside the house or near a high-intake filtration vent. And you'll find pizza and beer there!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Anywhere outside the house or near a high-intake filtration vent. And you'll find pizza and beer there!
In Canada, during the winter, this is highly impractical. They tend to immediately freeze, and need to be shovelled off the sidewalk. They then remain in a frozen pile until spring. When the thaw comes, then what? Then what?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
In Canada, during the winter, this is highly impractical. They tend to immediately freeze, and need to be shovelled off the sidewalk. They then remain in a frozen pile until spring. When the thaw comes, then what? Then what?
Okay, Dan. My gift to you - an idea for an invention. You know what a diaper genie is; I know this because you've mentioned it before. Howzabout you model a fart genie after it? You would make MILLIONS!

OP
R

raedyn

hardheadjarhead said:
Men only think about sex

"There are acutally plenty of women who are more interestedin sex than we are."
I WANT THEIR NAMES
1. She-Sulsa
2. raedyn

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Okay, Dan. My gift to you - an idea for an invention. You know what a diaper genie is; I know this because you've mentioned it before. Howzabout you model a fart genie after it? You would make MILLIONS!
Interesting that you would mention this. I have actually conceived of this type of apparatus before - with removable cannisters so that the methane could be collected and reused as an energy source. I thought that perhaps, one day, we could have these stationed in malls and public areas all over the continent. Just imagine how much energy we could reuse. Alas, I was mocked, and discarded the idea.

OP
R

raedyn

The real jackpot in this methane-harnessing idea would be to find a way to collect from cows.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
raedyn said:
The real jackpot in this methane-harnessing idea would be to find a way to collect from cows.
Aw, man! I was just going to post this!

Flatlander - they laughed at the man when he discovered penicillin....

My only concern would be the storage facility and transportation units.

:fart:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
Where in the Hell were you in the seventies?

<sigh...>
Ummmm....uhhhh....well, I was 10 and 1/2 when the bicentennial occured (don't ask me what I did with my Barbies)

hardheadjarhead said:
I think you're kewl, too, SS. And I loved your response.
Aww shucks....;)

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whoa. You all are YOUNG.

Back then women didn't care about sex like apparently you all do now. Supposedly there was a sexual revolution...but I somehow missed it.

I guess you could say my sexual peak slipped right through my fingers.

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions