#1 Bantamweight in the state

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's awesome, Danny, you should feel proud!

Congrats to him.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done to all involved! (it's always a team effort :)) Are there plans for him to go pro and go onwards and upwards?

OP
Danny T

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice. What discipline?
MMA. He started off in Shotokan (2nd degree BB) and then trained Wing Chun, Pekiti-Tirsia Kali, CSW, and now Boxing and Muay Thai. His development has been over the past 13 years and he is now an excellent martial artist and truly is a mixed martial artist.
Well done to all involved! (it's always a team effort :)) Are there plans for him to go pro and go onwards and upwards?
A team effort indeed Tez. Thanks goes out to everyone who stepped onto the training floor, the mats, and in the ring with him for his development. Of course 'he' put in the time and the many many rounds of training, practice, sparring and the so many miles of road work to get here. Very proud of the whole team but will be short lived for on the 28th he makes his pro debut and his work continues.

OP
Danny T

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tez as a follow up to this inquiry; had his pro debut last night. Won 2:34 1st round, verbal submission from a barrage of elbow strikes out of side control.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Danny that is great and I look forward to hearing more about your fighter and his pro career!

On another note one of my guy's back in Michigan just won an amature bantamweight title. Then the next weekend fought up a weight and won as well. He is looking to go pro as well after having over 35 plus amature fights.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez as a follow up to this inquiry; had his pro debut last night. Won 2:34 1st round, verbal submission from a barrage of elbow strikes out of side control.

That's a really good start, well done to him. :) I'm sure he's in good hands and there'll be no rushing.

OP
Danny T

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Danny that is great and I look forward to hearing more about your fighter and his pro career!

On another note one of my guy's back in Michigan just won an amature bantamweight title. Then the next weekend fought up a weight and won as well. He is looking to go pro as well after having over 35 plus amature fights.
Thanks Brian.
All the best to your fighter.

That's a really good start, well done to him. :) I'm sure he's in good hands and there'll be no rushing.
Thanks Tez.
Not going to push him and will be selective as to who he fights as he gains experience as a pro. Have seen a lot of fighters with great potential get big fights too soon and get some major set backs on their careers.

Latest Discussions