First Timer

NYS? New York Sitty?

Upstate NY, near Albany... I keep coming across the same guy too..... every now and then he pops up someplace in the area.
He may be "a type" ...if you know what I mean. Although I was joking with the previous"Texas" reference, I actually do know a martial arts/firearms/security instructor there who could fit the same description. Extreme enough to be a little scary.

I also know some really great people (including my cousins) who live there, so nothing against the state as a whole! :)

I went to my first proper Wing Chun lesson last night. An excellent teacher with whom I got on very well (despite him revealing that he’s a flat earther 😄) A nice albeit crumbling and cold gym in a converted chapel with lots of equipment/weapons. However, it’s quite expensive to join (from what I’m used to) and has limited training sessions that will potentially interfere with my other training 🤔 I have some thinking to do…
Did you ever go back for another lesson?

He may be "a type" ...if you know what I mean. Although I was joking with the previous"Texas" reference, I actually do know a martial arts/firearms/security instructor there who could fit the same description. Extreme enough to be a little scary.

I also know some really great people (including my cousins) who live there, so nothing against the state as a whole! :)
No worries, they come in all shapes and sizes and in all states of the union. ;)

Did you ever go back for another lesson?
I didn’t. The flat-earth thing, the considerable expense and the awkwardness of the timetable for me, has put me off.

Instead, I’ve found and joined a Zen/Cha’n meditation group and met some very nice and sensible people!

I didn’t. The flat-earth thing, the considerable expense and the awkwardness of the timetable for me, has put me off.

Instead, I’ve found and joined a Zen/Cha’n meditation group and met some very nice and sensible people!
No flat or hollow earther’s? 😂

Latest Discussions

Back