Yoy can take superman off the farm but...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a good column about the stupid move by DC comics to strip superman of his American origins. the article details what superman represents about this country and what the liberal elites in charge of the comic fail to see. I put this here even though some are talking about this in the rec room because there are political overtones to the decision beyond what might be right to discuss in the rec room.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/j...-superman-renounces-his-american-citizenship/

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The fact that you would get upset over this is actually very very funny. Thanks for starting my day with some humor.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only good illegal alien, is a fictitious undocumented alien!

:lol:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh noes!! The fictional illeal alien will start representing the Earth instead of one part of it. The owner's of said fictional character got to decide this. The horror!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Superman told me that it's "nothing personal" and said that I should, "get over it." I believe him... and I will.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cultural values and perceptions are passed on through our stories and our heroes. Like it or not superman is one of those stories. Changing him into someone who is alienated from this country damages the bigger picture. Is he the only story out there, of course not, but this change in the character is a symptom of a larger change in the culture and perception that we have of our own country.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Cultural values and perceptions are passed on through our stories and our heroes. Like it or not superman is one of those stories. Changing him into someone who is alienated from this country damages the bigger picture. Is he the only story out there, of course not, but this change in the character is a symptom of a larger change in the culture and perception that we have of our own country.

So you have an issue with a character from another planet, created by a Canadian, written and drawn by Jews who founded the comic book industry because they were discriminated against by the publishing industry back then, not being American enough anymore????:lfao::lfao::lfao:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

:rofl:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

Superman as a citizen of the world? I can see that. After all, he's from another planet, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound............., and he lives at the North Pole, like Santa Claus. :lfao:

On the other hand, Clark Kent will always be a U.S. citizen, so what's the big deal?

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Superman as a citizen of the world? I can see that. After all, he's from another planet, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound............., and he lives at the North Pole, like Santa Claus. :lfao:

On the other hand, Clark Kent will always be a U.S. citizen, so what's the big deal?

I'm sure his adopted parents got him his citizenship papers when he came to Earth. :D

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score

You really would have hated this book then.
250px-Superman_Red_Son_1.jpg