Your opinion on training equipment

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
looks ok but I don't like that torso made of thick high-density, reinforced blowmolded polyethylene. That stuff is HARD. Got to think, this is training. Don't need any injuries from this. I would stay with a wavemaster or something like that. More padding, less chance for injury.

my $ .02

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I used one of those once. The claim was it's superior "life-like" quality.

I don't think so.:bs:

It pales in comparison to a 6 foot Muay Thai bag. In fact, I've never found anything better than heavy bags.

JMHO, of course.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ronin_warrior_j said:
Ill bet after a few hundred strikes the LCD's quit working. I agree with Haze, the wavemaster is a great choice.

I'm a big guy, and I hit pretty hard. I've got no problems bouncing a heavy bag off the ceiling, but I have recently moved and have nowhere to hang my bag. How does a wavemaster handle us bigger heavy hitters?

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm a heavy hitter as well and I've worked with the Wavemaster on my desperate days. Don't know how much it weighs but they are so light I waste so much energy setting them back in place. For fun I lined up 4 of them in a row - I'd kick one end and watch them smack into each other. I would have kept adding more but other people didn't find it as amusing.

I would not recommend them unless you are desperate. The heavybag is still the way to go.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Adept said:
I'm a big guy, and I hit pretty hard. I've got no problems bouncing a heavy bag off the ceiling, but I have recently moved and have nowhere to hang my bag. How does a wavemaster handle us bigger heavy hitters?

I'd recommend the Wavemaster XXL. Its got a lower center of gravity & can take more punishment than a regular Wavemaster.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The wavemasters are good just have to put a lot of sand in the base for the power hitters. I agree on the XXL its a good bag just pricey.

Latest Discussions