Your choice of the most practical martial arts?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, What is your opinion for the most practical martial arts?

My vote goes to JUDO......great for kids too!

Hands on training from the beginning...advancement base on skills (NOT time)

Aloha,

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You think the most practical martial art is one that is almost entirely spent in one range????

WOW

I think the question is pretty generic and vague, but I would have to go with a martial art that encompasses all ranges, or as many as possible, and also covers academic, sports, and combat models as well....or once again as many of the three as possible.

I could come up with a handful that fit that criteria, I would say at that point it comes down to the attributes and characteristics of the instructor and the training facility and training partners rather then the art.

Nothing against Judo, I love the sport, and the art... I am not sure how practical it is in generic terms however.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh god. we gotta go thru this debate yet again? It's all over the place, including in a couple of active threads right now in some form or other...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The most practical martial art is whatever I do. That's why I do it. It's the best. No room for debate.

let's move on...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's place bets on how long it'll be before someone suggests the mind is the most powerful weapon of all.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
First off you said 'ART', still learning. Now practical at what? Learning respect? Learning disipline? Defense?

All martial arts are quite practical. But it will be the teacher that makes the difference.

Deaf

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rifle marksmanship:
No one can block or parry a bullet
If used at a great enough distance, they won't believe you can pull it off alone and will start yapping about grassy knolls, etc...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For real the most prctical art is mind over matter, beat that......

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diplomacy.

That's the most practical of the martial arts.

Failing that...

Engineering.

Because with engineering, you can do anything!

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident that Quack Fu is well established as the most practical of all martial arts. WAAUGH!!!!

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hello, What is your opinion for the most practical martial arts?
The one that lets you walk away with your life. Practical means it works so if you can spit Watermelon seeds in peoples eyes and it allows you to get away from a fight well then Watermelon spitting is practical.

You can always use body excrement noone is going to get close to you with your Hu Flung Poo Kungfu. And Judo? How would you like to grapple with this guy?

Clearly Hu Flung Poo beats Judo. :lfao:

I think the Rock studied it too because he always say "Can you smell what the Rock is cooking" it is a warning that he is brewing up some bombs to throw..

Last edited by a moderator:

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its based differently from person to person and there is no singular solution.... one must adapt and improvise in any way conceivable.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Most practical martial art :hmm:

Hmmmm wood working is a rather practical art so I think I will vote for clubfu and/or baseballbatfu

Other than that...Sanda...particularly if you're fighting trees... which are made of wood :D

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rifle marksmanship:
No one can block or parry a bullet
If used at a great enough distance, they won't believe you can pull it off alone and will start yapping about grassy knolls, etc...

I can. I can parry a bullet. In my mind. Which is the most powerful weapon. Therefore, mine is the most practical martial art. Also, it is teh d34dly.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Now where is that troll smily, ahhhh there it is hmmm.......................
:troll:

Latest Discussions