Yet another noob joins the fray

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi, all. I am learning kenpo at AKKA (http://www.akka.org/). I have been a student since February, and will be testing for orange next Saturday. This is a great site! I have been lurking for a couple of months, and have found a lot of interesting information. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

I have a question for those who have been in the MA community for a while. There seem to be a number of similarly-named schools - the one I attend, for example, is American Kenpo Karate Academies, and their website is a .org. And then there is another AKKA at akka.com which is the same name with a singular Academy. And then I believe there is an AKKA(ssociation). My question is: if I say that I am a student at AKKA, will it be understood that I am in Mr. Packer's program, or is AKKA more commonly associated with one of the other programs? It seems that there are a lot of acronyms used in the forums, and I don't want to misrepresent myself by assuming the wrong interpretation. Thanks.

Welcome aboard Cory!

There are a lot of acronymns, and there are also a lot of Kenpo organizations. Typically here on Martial Tark those of us that do Parker Kenpo refer to it as Parker Kenpo or EPAK. The association-specific referrals are usually kept on the Kenpo boards. :)

Great to have you here with us!

Latest Discussions