Yahoo: White says Lesnar's future decided this week

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
01-04-2010 04:15 PM:

The UFC's heavyweight division has been on hold for months waiting to get some answers on Brock Lesnar's health. We get a little more clarity this week when Brock Lesnar is checked out by doctors. UFC president Dana White says pay-per-view buys and fight cards are the least of his concern:

"I didn't even know we were going to have Brock Lesnar a few years. I didn't know if he was going to be good. The thing I'm most concerned about is if he's okay. If he has to have this major surgery, you're talking about changing the quality of this guy's life. Pay-per-view buys I don't give a [expletive]."

White said the fans who booed and hate Lesnar should sit back and think about what the fight world would be without Lesnar. If Lesnar's diagnosis is grim and he's facing a two-year absence or retirement, the heavyweight strap could be up for grabs as soon as March when Frank Mir and Shane Carwin are slated to fight at UFC 111. Right now that's an interim title fight but White said it could change depending on Lesnar's dianosis.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions