Yahoo: The masses want Canseco versus Walker: This website says so

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
03-08-2010 07:15 PM:

See that sinking boat? With zero wind in its sails, it's the S.S. Jose Canseco appears to be going under. The fight Canseco wants against Herschel Walker is losing steam by the day. One wonders what Canseco can do to force the collective hands of Walker and Strikeforce.

Maybe this new website -- cansecovswalker.com -- featuring Canseco's MMA debut against Hong Man Choi will convince people. There is a petition on the site. Please sign it.

We're guessing Jake Shields won't be signing the petition. Over the weekend, Shields trashed Canseco on MMAWeekly Radio.

"I heard he was out there with Cesar, but personally I&rsquo;m not a big fan of his. I don&rsquo;t want to knock anything that Cesar and my camp has done, but I don&rsquo;t really want to have anything to do with Jose," Shields told MMAWeekly Radio. "I don&rsquo;t really want to help the guy. I haven&rsquo;t met the guy yet, but seeing his track record, I don&rsquo;t really want to have anything to do with him. He&rsquo;s not someone I want in my life. I don&rsquo;t want to help a guy out who has constantly screwed everyone over who has been close to him."

On second thought maybe Shields will sign the petition.

"I like Hershel Walker and I&rsquo;d like to see Hershel kick his [expletive], but if he was fighting under my team that would make me feel a little weird, so I don&rsquo;t know how I feel about that. Being a friend and fan of Hershel and having a guy that I think is kind of a scumbag coming to my gym... I guess that&rsquo;s Cesar&rsquo;s decision. I don&rsquo;t want to knock his decision, but I certainly wouldn&rsquo;t let him come into my gym."

Canseco tweeted a photo of himself, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker and matchmaker Rich Chou having lunch a few weeks ago. But no news on the possible fight has leaked since.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions