Yahoo: Tavares junk kicks his way to a draw

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
01-11-2010 09:03 PM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-148104139-1263258572.jpg

Youknow you're at an MMA fight when a woman in the crowd is catcalling afighter who is writhing in pain on the ground. Nik Lentz was on thereceiving end of two vicious boots to the groin but there wasn't muchmercy from the angry woman or Thiago Tavares. The Brazilian was superaggressive down the stretch blasting away at Lentz. It was all fornaught because he had a point taken away on the second low blow. Itcosts him the fight, scored a majority draw, 28-28, 28-28 and 27-29.

Lentzsaid in the cage he thought Tavares kicked him in the groin on purpose.The second low blow left Lentz prone on the ground for three minutes atthe start of the third round. That's when the lovely lady seated justbehind the media section began ripping Lentz.

"He kicked me the first time and I shook it off. The second time it was a full blown Muay Thai kick to my groin. I have a metal cup and there's a crack down the middle of it. There's no doubt in my mind he did it on purpose. I would fight him again but I know he wouldn't do it."

STORY DOWNS LENNOX IN FIGHT OF THE NIGHT CANDIDATE

Jesse Lennox is one tough dude. He took a beating at the hands Rick Story.Story was the crisper striker throughout and worked effectively on theground in the second nearly locking on a kimura. Lennox was competitivethroughout but judge Eric Colon saw a different fight giving him "The Ox"the nod 29-28. The other two judges had it 30-27, awarding Story a splitdecision victory.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions