Yahoo: It's sad that Mir's wife had to apologize says Lesnar

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
03-01-2010 04:35 PM:

The ridiculous saga of Frank Mir wanting to "kill" Brock Lesnar is almost dead and buried. But we know it'll never completely disappear. Speaking publicly for the first time about the comments, Lesnar told KFAN in Minneapolis he doesn't know what Mir was thinking:

"He&rsquo;s still probably trying to pull his foot out of his mouth. When you say something like that and your wife has to go out and apologize for you, you know you&rsquo;ve pissed somebody off. I think his wife made the apology before he did probably."

At least Lesnar didn't mention anything about anyone "climbing on top" of their wife. But he did bring up MMA's perception as a concern.

"In this sport of fighting, and fighting has come so far in such a short amount of time, we want to perceive ourselves as athletes and get the respect of the general public. It was out of line, but in a fighters mentality I don&rsquo;t want to go into the Octagon and kill somebody but I do wanna do whatever I can to win. Maybe that&rsquo;s what he was saying, I don&rsquo;t know."

It's probably similar to when Lesnar told Maxim he wanted to "murder" Mir or that he wanted to "pull the horseshoe out of his ***."

Lesnar told KFAN that he's beginning his mini-camp this week in anticipation of fighting Shane Carwin, Cain Velasquez or Mir on July 3rd. Listen here for the entire 12-minute interview

Tip via Sports Radio Interviews

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions