Yahoo: Injury postpones 'Coward' versus 'Crumble'

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
02-15-2010 08:15 PM:What a bummer. John Howard and Anthony Johnson were on pace for an epic battle in and out of the cage on Mar. 21. "Coward" as he was dubbed by "Crumble" Johnson will now face UFC newcomer Daniel Roberts, as the promotion makes its Versus debut with a free show from Denver.

Howard and Johnson were going during interviews and on the Internet via Twitter and Facebook. They even came close to going to blows at the credential desk right before UFC 109 in Las Vegas.

"I saw him in the back room and we almost got into it," Howard told DC and The Sunshine Man on ESPNRadio1100. "They had to separate us. The beef is real man. I was pumped up. I was ready."

Howard said the near brawl was started when the fighters simply stared at each other. Since the cancellation, Howard has been gracious. Johnson was as well on Facebook.

It's also interesting to hear that Howard trains a bit with Boston Celtic Glen "Big Baby" Davis (3:50 mark). Howard said the NBA power forward pretty nimble. Imagine, 6-foot-8, 285-lb. Davis in MMA? The day is coming when you'll NBA-type athletes entering cages. Good luck to the Tim Sylvias and Cabbage Correiras of the MMA world at that point.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.