Yahoo: Fighting links for your Friday afternoon

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
01-15-2010 04:14 PM:

For the first time in months, we will have two weekends in a row without major MMA on television. To help you through the withdrawals, we have Takanori Gomi's extra-long, uncomfortable on-screen moment from UFC 108 and some links.

Bob Shamrock, the father of MMA legends Ken and Frank, passed away at 68. He and his wife ran a home for trouble youths, which his how he first came in contact with both Ken and Frank. He legally adopted both men, and they changed their last names out of respect for him. (MMA Mania)

The 10 worst mismatches in MMA history. The one that always makes me giggle is Anderson Silva vs. Chris Leben. Every time I see that bout in Silva's record, it blows my mind that the match was ever made. (Cage Potato)

Monday night's Ultimate Fight Night 20 may have been on basic cable, but it was hardly free. (Fightlinker -- naughty language at that link)

One writer says that MMA has some serious issues that need to be resolved before the sport can grow ... (Sports Illustrated)

... while another thinks that Dana White's prediction about MMA's growth in the next 10 years is underselling it. (Fight! Magazine)

Finally, remember our friend Conner from MMA Religion, the one who is going to prom with UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste? He asked Georges St. Pierre for advice, and Rush delivered. (MMA Religion)

Thanks for reading Cagewriter this week, and don't forget to follow the MMA team on Twitter: Kevin Iole, Steve Cofield, Maggie Hendricks and Yahoo! Sports.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions