X-Men 3!!!

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
green meanie said:
It's almost here! Can't wait to see it! The trailers look EXCELLENT. Anyone else excited about this?

Absolutely!! Wolverine is my favorite! It's a blade thing.

OP
green meanie

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Absolutely!! Wolverine is my favorite! It's a blade thing.

For some reason I was thinking you would be a Colossus fan. In one of the clips I saw he throws Wolverine ala 'fastball special' at a Sentinel. VERY good stuff. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't wait either...I hear the Beast is in it..I want to see how they portray him...

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned about Brian Singer not directing this one, I thought he nailed the moods in the first two movies, particularly the adolescent roles (Rogue dealing with her powers, Drake's "coming out" scene).

I'm also a bit worried that the number of characters is getting too big, but that being said, I would like to see less emphasis on Wolverine and more on other members of the team, though that won't happen.

Lamont

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm eager to see the new X-Men movie, though I'm still mad about Rogue NOT flying! At least Storm looks like she has a lot more to do this time around...

OP
green meanie

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
I'm eager to see the new X-Men movie, though I'm still mad about Rogue NOT flying! At least Storm looks like she has a lot more to do this time around...

I hear ya. I miss the uber-strength she had in the comics too. I can see where that part of the storyline was probably a bit messy though... stealing... Ms. Marvel's powers (is that who it was? I forget), having Mystique be her stepmom, etc.

But who knows? Maybe it's still coming. In part of the clip they show Rogue looking a bit miffed cause Bobby's with Shadowcat. Pyro defected to the 'darkside' and joined Magneto and Co. Perhaps Rogue will too.

OP
green meanie

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Really, Denny? What ever would have given you that idea? :rolleyes: :whip:

I don't know.... a big strong dude made out of metal... how can you find fault with that?

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Is Halle Berry still storm? I thought I heard that she was not going to do it because it didn't focus on her character.

Yup. Halle Berry is still Storm. I still wish that Angela Bassett didn't turn down that role. Apparently, they approached Bassett first, and she said no. Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120903/trivia

Angela Bassett would've been a MUCH better Storm, IMHO. Halle Berry doesn't quite exude the commanding presence Storm has in the comics. She's also too short. I was extremely annoyed at how she was tossed around like a bag of potatoes in the first X-Men movie - accompanied by THE worst line ever said in ANY movie:

"Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning? The same thing as everything else!"

My friend and I groaned loudly when she said that. Wasn't remotely witty or funny.

Sagat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
I was extremely annoyed at how she was tossed around like a bag of potatoes in the first X-Men movie - accompanied by THE worst line ever said in ANY movie:

"Do you know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning? The same thing as everything else!"
And it's not as if she was fighting one of the really strong mutants either.

I was also really shocked when I heard that line, you said it best Swordlady...........Quote - THE worst line ever said in ANY movie

Latest Discussions