Writers Wanted!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attention all martial arts columnists, aspiring journalists, and enthusiasts.

MartialTalk.com has become one of the leading destinations for the martial artist seeking information, advise, training opportunities or just fellowship with their fellow martial artists. Our members enjoy reading what you have to say and what better place to promote your name, boost your experience, and showcase your thoughts and writing style than right here at MT?

You don't have to be a professional journalist to contribute, either. Most importantly, if you are a faithful student of the arts, you will be accepted equally as an aspiring journalist. Plus, ever thought of starting your own web site to promote your work? Don't bother creating something very few will see when you could use MartialTalk, an already established destination. Make MartialTalk YOUR site and be seen more by contributing more.

Interested? Before proceeding ... you must take a look at our benefits, restrictions, and guidelines page for more details.

To apply, click here.

Thank you!

achilles95

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am an experienced writer and would love to contribute. Unfortunately I can't seem to access the application link? Says the page no longer exists. Please let me know how I can write in.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The paper edition is alas no more, but you can submit to the e-zine.

Submit Articles Here
If you would like to submit an article for inclusion in our online magazine, please submit it here. We are interested in articles written by our members covering martial arts history, arts, techniques, school and organization building, as well as product and event reviews. Sharpen up those writing skills and send your articles.

achilles95

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Are writers able to view the magazine without a subscription?

achilles95

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Great, I'll be sure to submit something. Out of curiosity what went wrong with the paper magazine?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Basically, not enough subscribers and advertisers to cover the costs of printing it, and the amount of submissions dwindled to nothing leaving very little to put in it. With the Ezine, short dryspells don't hurt us much, and you get the bonus of immediate feedback and a larger readership.

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Basically, not enough subscribers and advertisers to cover the costs of printing it, and the amount of submissions dwindled to nothing leaving very little to put in it. With the Ezine, short dryspells don't hurt us much, and you get the bonus of immediate feedback and a larger readership.
I thought it was always an ezine...with the huge amount of print on demand going on these days you could do a paper mag again... www.lulu.com
--josh

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been considering the lulu route, to republish the original run of packaged magazines, as well as occasional "best of" editions pulling posts from here. Just haven't had time to spare to do all the editing needed, lol.

Freestyler777

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Can I post articles? I am quite an experienced writer, having been published in my former judo club's newsletter five or six times. I train at a different club now, but I still want to continue writing essays for wrestlers and judokas on topics that would interest those kind of athletes/martial artists. I have a lot of knowledge to give. If you want to see what I have wrote, just ask me, and I'll give you the webpage and the link to my stuff.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone can post them, as long as they have the legal right to. :)

Freestyler777

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Can someone help me out with the guidlines for essay submissions? The links on the first post are not working. I'd like to contribute some writing, and I'd like to know the basics, like word count, format, etc...

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would be interested in submitting articles from time to time. I am not a professional writer but I have articles printed in BB Mag and TKDTimes as well as I a poster on my different forums.