World Taekwondo Countil / US National TDK Fed

Bravissimo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is quite the right place to post this, but I figure the taekwondo forum would probably be the best, since that's what its regarding.

I know almost nothing about korean martial arts, and even less about the bodies that govern them. Can anyone tell me anything about the US National Taekwondo Federation (which is a part of the world taekwondo council)?

Is it a legitimate governing body? Does anyone attend a school that is part of this group? I went to its website, but it doesn't have any links to its schools nor a list of its instructors/members.

There's a school in my area that is supposed to be chartered through them, but I've heard some negative things about the instructor (regarding rank and legitimacy and general "*********" allegations. However since the korean arts seem to the punching bags of the martial arts community these days, I figure I'll look into it before believing any rumors.

Thanks!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never heard of them, There is the Kukkiwon and the World TKD Association, The USCMK inder GM Sells. I can look into it further, but I have been in TKD for over 25 years and do not know every Organization.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The US National TKD Federation is the organization started by GM Dr. Duk Gun Kwon of suburban Chicago. As a former Chicagoan, I've known of GM Kwon for more than 20 years. He was the head of the IL USTU (in the days before the USAT. He is a legit KKW 9th Dan as far as I know.

Terry got the acranyon (sp?) for GM Sell's organization incorrect. GM Edward Sell is head of the US Chung Do Kwan Association (USCDKA). He was tested for 9th Dan KKW at the Kukkiwon on Sept 10, 2001.

OP
B

Bravissimo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Argh, I wish I knew how to edit this and spell council correctly in the threat title. :(

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The US National TKD Federation is the organization started by GM Dr. Duk Gun Kwon of suburban Chicago. As a former Chicagoan, I've known of GM Kwon for more than 20 years. He was the head of the IL USTU (in the days before the USAT. He is a legit KKW 9th Dan as far as I know.

Terry got the acranyon (sp?) for GM Sell's organization incorrect. GM Edward Sell is head of the US Chung Do Kwan Association (USCDKA). He was tested for 9th Dan KKW at the Kukkiwon on Sept 10, 2001.

Sorry Iceman about spelling it wrong did it in a hurry. Thank you for correcting me.

Latest Discussions