Wing chun in free fight

N

Nicolas

just curious, i would like to know if there are fighters in NHB that trains in wing chun. Also if some wing chun guy has faced a thai boxer. Thanks.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nicolas said:
just curious, i would like to know if there are fighters in NHB that trains in wing chun. Also if some wing chun guy has faced a thai boxer. Thanks.

I have only seen one WC fighter enter an NHB match. He was fighting a Sambo stylist. The Sambo fighter was the winner in that fight.

Mike

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If that's the video I've seen online, he wasn't a particularly good WC stylist, either.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sharp Phil said:
If that's the video I've seen online, he wasn't a particularly good WC stylist, either.

Not sure if it was online or not. I saw it on the now defunct Extreme Fighting. And no, I didnt think that he was a good WC fighter either.

Mike

OP
H

Hot Sauce

Fighters from WT Center, the biggest WT school in the world and part of the Alliance , have been in Viking Fight and have been very successfull.

Nic K-Osei - WT instructor, also trains BJJ - his latest fight http://www.masterbjjeu.com/media/vf4_nic.mpg
Thai Tuong Pham - WT instructor, also trains BJJ
Mike Pyle - GAP instructor

Viking Fight - www.vikingfight.com
The Alliance - www.wtcenterfyn.dk/alliance/
Wing Tsun Scandinavia - www.wingtsun.dk

Also I've heard a rumors that the EBMAS organization in the US are training WT/Escrima fighters to enter MMA competitions.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hot Sauce said:
Fighters from WT Center, the biggest WT school in the world and part of the Alliance , have been in Viking Fight and have been very successfull.

Nic K-Osei - WT instructor, also trains BJJ - his latest fight http://www.masterbjjeu.com/media/vf4_nic.mpg
Thai Tuong Pham - WT instructor, also trains BJJ
Mike Pyle - GAP instructor

Viking Fight - www.vikingfight.com
The Alliance - www.wtcenterfyn.dk/alliance/
Wing Tsun Scandinavia - www.wingtsun.dk

Also I've heard a rumors that the EBMAS organization in the US are training WT/Escrima fighters to enter MMA competitions.

Pretty cool sites and clips! As for the WC fighters, the one that I was referring to, as far as I know, did not have any other training other than WC. The fighters that you mention have crosstrained in BJJ, which is pretty much a requirement if you want to do well in MMA events!

Mike

Latest Discussions