Windows Vista May Corrupt iPod Music Players

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.informationweek.com/shared/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=197002833

Windows Vista May Corrupt iPod Music Players, Apple Says Upgrading to Vista may result in the inability to play songs purchased from the online iTunes store; other problems 'may corrupt your iPod,' Apple warns.

Apple Computer is warning customers who use the Windows version of its iTunes software to hold off upgrading to Windows Vista until it can release a patch to fix a number of serious compatibility issues, one of which could result in a corrupt iPod player.

Apple, in a statement posted Thursday on its Web support forum, says upgrading from Windows 2000 or Windows XP to Vista may result in the inability to play songs purchased and downloaded to the desktop iTunes player from its online iTunes store. Worse, however, is the problem that iPod users could encounter if they try to eject their digital music player from a desktop port using the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature found on the Vista system tray. That, Apple warns ominously, "may corrupt your iPod."

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the "heads up" on this, Ping! I'm not planning to upgrade anytimesoon; however, I now KNOW not to... until this issue is fixed. Losing my music files would NOT be good!

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why would I pay a couple hundred bucks to be Microsoft's Alpha tester?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Just another bulletpoint on the "Why i'm switching to Linux full-time" list. *shakes head*

Now, is it really a bug, or are they just salty about the flop of the Zune? :D

Latest Discussions